cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Pets & other ways to feel good

We’ve listed a few ways to improve your wellbeing, but in life there are far too many to list in one post. What are some of the more unusual wellbeing boosters that work for you (things that give you the good feels)?

It's probably not unusual, but it's definitely not the first thing someone thinks of when they think of wellbeing boosters - achieving something. Whether it's something big, like a marathon (side note - I've never won a marathon) or something small, like beating that hard level on your favourite game. Achieving something feels good!

@j95 That's a cool answer, what about snapchat makes you feel good?

@lokifish wrote:

@_sagira_ That's an interesting point. I wonder how many people would say they're an animal person, and if they also describe themselves as a people person. Some are both, some are neither and some are one but not the other. Fascinating Smiley Happy

Hmmm...very true actually.  I've always said as long as I'm surrounded by animals, I know I will be okay.  People let me down...animals don't.

We’ve listed a few ways to improve your wellbeing, but in life there are far too many to list in one post. What are some of the more unusual wellbeing boosters that work for you (things that give you the good feels)?

I like driving past the beach/driving to the beach (but staying in my car [usually]). Kind of weird but I find it therapeutic for some reason and it gives me a sense of calm and energy. I just love looking at it. It reminds me of home and family (we have always lived by the beach). I find it especially good if someone comes with me and we can have a chat while we drive.

@stonepixie or delicious amazing food, like baked sweet things Smiley Very Happy

You all have some awesome answers! I have to agree with most of them. Nature, driving around, cleaning...you guys get me. Smiley Tongue

@delicatedreamer that doesn't sound weird, I love going past pretty beach scenery too Smiley Happy

@lokifish I'm also definitely a big cleaner.  There's something satisfying about it somehow.

@dreamcatcher YEP!!!  Nature is awesome to watch.  I often like going on slow pleasantry walks just to take in my surroundings.

@delicatedreamer I drive to the beach all the time and just sit in my car!  I often listen to an audio book, or do some drawings while I'm sitting there.  It's just getting out and away from the house. 

SO the number one thing for me is:
Having a BATH!  With candles, tea, a good book, some chocolate, or a full roast dinner...seriously...I love it.

Sunsets! Just looking at pictures I've taken at the beach.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

What are some of the more unusual wellbeing boosters that work for you (things that give you the good feels)? 

Adding to what lokifish said, I find tidying up areas that are cluttered with stuff makes me feel good. I feel less overwhlemed and more organised. Smiley Very Happy