cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] R U OK?

Stay safe @j95

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@j95 Oh man, hope everythings okay!

Highlighted

@j95
I hope you feel better !!! thats pretty serious. stay strong

Why do you not always speak out when something isn’t going right for you? How do people notice when you're not ok?
I don't speak out because I am personally, pretty good at self help. In most cases I can deal with whatever the problem is.
When I'm not, people know because I don't hide it. I used to, I would lie but it's so obvious I don't even bother. They'll ask, I'll reply with a no and then they'll ask if I want to talk about it. Which I'll again refuse because I feel that my problems are so small, they really are in the perspective of things even though they aren't for me, I just don't need to bother anyone else.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@N1ghtW1ng I think a lot of us have been guilty of the "people have worse problems so I won't speak up" thing! We need to acknowledge that all problems are valued problems Smiley Happy

@j95 just know that we are here for you! Take care of yourself too.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Why do you not always speak out when something isn’t going right for you? How do people notice when you're not ok?

- it takes me a while to work out if its actually a problem or if its just me being silly

- my anxiety flares right up! my boyfriend is the first one to know 

- most of the time im very happy to tell my parents if im not ok but i used to hide it from my sister 

@EloiseRose Feel you on the anxiety front, that's definitely a big thing for me as well!

For me, it is usually about really heavy stuff, so I don't want to talk about to just anyone. I want to make sure that I have a good friendship before going in too deep. So it is a little bit hard for me at the moment as I have just recently changed friends completely. Having said that, my mental health care professionals know about my lack of support and have told me to ring them on days that they work at the clinic if I need a chat. I feel as though I have just rambled on and haven't answered the question.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@stonepixie You haven't rambled, its a good answer! Great to see that the mental health professionals you work with are so supportive Smiley Happy