cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] R U OK?

@stonepixie its great that you're getting the help you need now Smiley Happy so many people put it off so well done

You guys have raised some great points !!

I reckon we need a day like it because i dont think people genuinely ask it enough. 

Are you ok day makes it more than a throw away line !

Wow so many great teachers/teaching staff in this thread!

@j95
Seems like quite a common thing being asked multiple times!
Which is great that a day can inspire that type of conversation

Why do you think we need a day dedicated to asking people if they “are ok?” ?
Because most people don't like talking about how they feel, they keep things quiet, to themselves. Asking people if they are ok prompts them to open up, gives them the opportunity to tell you because you've offered yourself up as a listening ear by asking them. It shows them, even if they don't tell you if they are okay or they say yes, you've left an idea in their heads that you are are there for them if they need you, that you are happy to listen to whatever is bothering them and offer advice or help if you can.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@N1ghtW1ng I like you point about opening up the person to the idea in their head, people can get into such denial when things aren't working out

Hey @N1ghtW1ng
I like that point you made... that you are happy to listen to whatever is nothing them because you were the one that asked

Fantastic answers everyone, really great to know that you've had some positive experiences with people reaching out to you!

Most of us think we have our family and friends sussed out when they are feeling down- How do you know when one of your family or friends are struggling? What are signs?

Most of us think we have our family and friends sussed out when they are feeling down- How do you know when one of your family or friends are struggling? What are signs?

I know when my best friend is struggling when she stops replying to messages and just goes in her lil shell

Whereas my sis will message me alot when shes strugling ... which is good

But all of my family and friends are different but theres a variety of ways i know they arent ok 

voices change

seem tired 

dont come to things 

seem down 

Irritability, more quiet than usual, not engaging as much socially/not leaving the house much, not wanting to do much/being a bit lethargic... Just generally being withdrawn and subdued basically.