Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] R U OK?

@stonepixie i totally get that !!!
Like i said before are you ok day makes it more than a throw away line

@Raz the feeling of being misunderstood is a huge one for a lot of people

I think it relates to past experiences as well, if we have friends that keep things confidential we would talk this time too, but if we have kind of bad experience we would regret even talking to friends about any issues.

@Raz great point ! its all about how the person asking responds !

Sure do @Chessca_H Smiley Happy Like I have mentioned in a previous GR session, my housemate and I don't accept 'fine', 'okay' or anything else like that when asking about how something went (day, week, appts and stuff like that).

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Some really insightful answers guys, let move on to the next question:

Why do you not always speak out when something isn’t going right for you? How do people notice when you're not ok?

Thanks @Chessca_H
im going to the hospital so maybe catch you guys on infobus on thursday or next monday gr will see how I go
thanks for tonight
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@stonepixie that's an awesome policy to have!

@stonepixie thats a pretty good blanket rule to have with a friend. Im working on that with my boyfriend.. using other adjectives other than fine okay neutral

Why do you think some people don’t always choose to not speak out when something isn’t going right for them?
People are afraid of being judged by others for how they feel about whatever it is. Another reason is that they are aware of how other people are struggling and feel their problems are inadequate comparing to what other people are going through so they keep it a secret because they "should" be able to deal with it themselves.
They also want to keep it a secret because they just want to deal with it on their own, as if to ignore or pretend that their problem isn't as big as they've made it out to be.

There are heaps of reasons as to why people don't speak out. Those are just a few that apply to different people because everyone is different. Some people are scared, afraid, worried. Everyone is different and everyone has their own problems and treat them differently.