cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] RUOK day: How to ask, how to help

I'm going to go sorry, just not feeling it tonight. Have a good chat I'll have a read of what I missed tomorrow
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Awesome points guys, I think it is important to also mention to keep the conversation light! While it is important to be serious, you don't want them feeling like they are a burden or something bad! talking about OTHER random stuff is also important. like their day, or whatever you usually talk about

Sorry guys, my heart just isn't in this chat tonight, so Imma gonna call it a night. But before I do, I shall tell you my plans besides beating NW to the post. Smiley Tongue Okay, so I plan on baking some cupcakes to take to TAFE and encouraging my class to get involved in RUOK day. Smiley Happy

Night everyone, hope you have a splendid chat and use this awesome chat to inspire you to have some conversations that matter.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@Randomness mutual RUOK-ing, awesome! Building a supportive network to check in with is a great tool!

Have a good night @j95. Stay safe.

Aw, cya @j95! Hope you have a good night Smiley Happy

Have a good one @stonepixie. Stay safe!

@stonepixie Gnite!

Thank you for coming! That's awesome that you're making cupcakes. I now have a sudden craving for them. Nom. See you on the forums! 

Highlighted

@FootyFan26 I like that you mentioned encouraging them to tell others - that's awesome! Having more people = more support. Great idea!

@Randomness Asking about their action plan is definitely a good idea! I find if I tell someone I have to do something and  they remember, it makes me feel more accountable.

Man, you guys are ON FIRE TONIGHT! Seriously loving it! I'm really sad I have to go to work now, but I'm gonna leave you with another question! when you guys go to bed in your nice warm beds, remember that I'm slaving away on nightshift somewhere and pity me Smiley Tongue Goodnight! Thank you all! *internet high fives*

Sometimes we may want to help a friend but they may not want us to help them. This can be for a number of reasons, they may be embarrassed, they may not want to be a burden or they may think that things may be easier if they kept the problem to themselves. If someone doesn’t want to talk to you but you are worried about them, what are some things you could do to look out for them and let you know that you’re still there for them?

Night @j95, I haven't forgotten your letter!