cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] RUOK day: How to ask, how to help

Sometimes we’re the ones that need to be asked if we’re okay, and that’s totally

normal! Is there someone in your life that you know that you can turn to if you feel like you

need support?

Aside from doing self care stuff, if I need someone to talk to, I have some really great friends who are there for me during difficult times and vice versa. It can really helpful sometimes to just be able to vent and process out loud whatever is going on inside my head. Also, I'll say it again, there's the forums here where we all chat and support each other! If things progress a bit further, I know it might be time to seek out professional support, and my friends are pretty encouraging of this as well. 

Highlighted

Welcome @copse

Sometimes we’re the ones that need to be asked if we’re okay, and that’s totally

normal! Is there someone in your life that you know that you can turn to if you feel like you

need support?

Ahem umm... there's this great website that has this awesome forum where you can go to talk about pretttty much anything! You can find it here

Heh.

Highlighted

@Ben-RO not that we'd know anything about that *cough cough*

Highlighted

Hey @FItzChivalry, glad you could make it! 

Wow that person sounds amazing! You're really lucky to have someone like that in your life Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Yeah I'm so glad I have them :3
Highlighted

That's a tricky spot to be in @FootyFan26! But it's okay sometimes to not be ready to ask just yet. And there are lots of ways to ask when you are ready. Some people write a letter or an email to get the words out that are hard to say in person. Some people draw a line for themselves that if they feel a certain way for a certain ammount of time then they make a promise to themselves to reach out then. But you are the boss of you, and nobody else, so you have to decide. That being said, we will be here and ready to have your back as best wek can Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

Also we shouldn't be restricting the list to people who can help. Pets are often the BEST at cheering you up Smiley Happy

@Ben-RO I've had many people ask me over many months and I just haven't been able to say it. I don't think I'll ever say it.
Highlighted

@lokifish YEEEEEES! My puppies are great at cheering me up when I feel bad Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

@Chessca_H My dog's staying somewhere else for a few days while dad does some work in the backyard. She's only been gone since this morning and I already miss her like crazy Smiley Sad Hug your puppies for me haha Smiley Very Happy