cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Relationships & social media

another disadvantage is that some people prefer to talk on social media and dont really regard face to face contact... it makes it awkward when you want to spend time together and they are happy to stay online

@ruenhonx
I often get marriage requests... I'm assuming from overseas sites!! So weird !

Ok here is my next question i read a story about catfishing the other day and i had to research it a bit more... what are you thoughts on the questions below: 

Have you ever had a catfish experience? How did you handle it? If not catfished what other experiences have you had?

@EloiseRose - Aww that would scare me, I'm so paranoid alot of the time haha

@stonepixie - That is so nice and that social contact is what we need, I'm the same ae me and my friend talk for ages about nothing but I just need that and want to laugh.

Wow @ruenhonx, talk about creepy. Anyone who I don't know and I don't have any mutual friends, I automatically decline their friend request. I also have my profile on full lock-down aka anyone who isn't my friend can only see my cover picture and the thumbnail of my profile picture. I am very wary of this and don't like to put pictures of my rugrats as my cover picture. 

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Have you ever had a catfish experience? How did you handle it? If not catfished what other experiences have you had?

When I was younger I was pretty reckless and didnt really pay attention to who I spoke to and the other day someone I spoke to when I was like 13 contacted me through email just saying hi is this still you sort of thing and I kinda freaked so I googled the email address. This guy was meant to be like 2 years older than me and on my search it was a 33yr old woman Smiley Sad so delete and block... 

@stonepixie That is very smart, I didnt even look at my privacy settings until that email and immediately became paranoid about my privacy and also doing an internet course helped me see what I shouldnt put online.

*googles catfish and remembers that I've heard of it before*

Nope. Never experienced it before or anything similar. Atleast I don't think. But it did made me realise that I could have possibly crushed one of my friends feelings. Cat Sad Cat Mad How did I not see it before? (Sorry, had a light bulb moment)

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@ruenhonx So what shouldn't one put on the internet? I am quite intrigued.

Ok here is a mini question...

Would you be catfishing if you were online pretending to be someone else for a friend? eg. if your friend was too nervous to talk to someone so you did for them.