cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Relationships & social media

How did you crush your friends feelings? Atleast now you have seen it and can hopefully fix the situation.

@stonepixie
Things like your age, your date of birth, I dont always put my full name, where you live, your phone number , like your school name or uni name. All this can be searched online and people can easily narrow it down. Even that whole tagging where you are thing on Facebook, I never did that. I remember back when I was younger having someone steal my photos and use them like this is my girlfriend sort of thing. Freaky...

@EloiseRose wrote:

Ok here is a mini question...

Would you be catfishing if you were online pretending to be someone else for a friend? eg. if your friend was too nervous to talk to someone so you did for them.

This makes me wonder if talking to someone with your besty using the same account and they know they are talking to two people but don't know who is writing what classed as catfishing.

In answer to your question, I would say YES, absolutely. You are pretending to be someone else to pursue a love interest whether it be for yourself or someone else.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Would you be catfishing if you were online pretending to be someone else for a friend? eg. if your friend was too nervous to talk to someone so you did for them.

Hmm, no because that seems harmless but it can be deceiving because you and your friend have different personalities and different ways of talking and if you take over then you are actually doing your friend an injustice. 

WOW @ruenhonx you have had some pretty rough experiences online. I haven't had anyone ever steal my stuff... maybe its not worth stealing.But i never put any personal stuff up. And if i do theres a clear reason why and i always ask myself ' would my mum or dad be cranky if i post this?"

Yeah I know ae all of these things happened because I was really inexperienced and really didnt know the risks and what I should protect. They have made me much more private thats for sure.

The internet can be very addictive, what can you do to enjoy yourself online but also stay connected to the "REAL" world?

It had nothing to do with catfishing.

Just a male friend I used to hang out with all the time and things where starting to go elsewhere but neither of us were willing to admit it. And then another male friend came along and made a move. I only went with it because when were first met, I felt a spark, but he was in a relationship at the time. Well, that lasted a whole 3 months and now my friend, who had his feelings crushed wont hang out with me unless there is someone else present. I think it is safe to say that I messed up. Considering you can still feel the chemistry between us.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@stonepixie
Well atleast you are still friends and it might take time for him to trust you but you can always right your wrongs. Smiley Happy

The internet can be very addictive, what can you do to enjoy yourself online but also stay connected to the "REAL" world?

Going outside !

- Going to the gym

- meeting up with friends

- not relying on social media for company/ something to fill your time when your bored