cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT]: Relationships with age gaps

Oh that was sort of in response to people disapproving.. I don’t really think it’s anyone else’s business what two people do unless the below is occurring (underage, lack of capacity to make decision, manipulation etc).

—————————

Whether you think you can or think you can’t, either way you are right.
– Henry Ford
Highlighted

Hey everyone, I'll be back soon, leaving to have desert with my family - tea and cake! I look forward to reading over the rest of this conversation! Smiley Happy 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //
Highlighted

Yum! Have some for me @letitgo 🙊 I really want cake! And I love tea.. see you when you’re back!

Hey @j95, welcome!

—————————

Whether you think you can or think you can’t, either way you are right.
– Henry Ford
Highlighted

What are some ways we can cope with the negative aspects of a relationship with an age gap?
Highlighted

Popped on to add a bit. My parents are 14 years apart and funnily enough, it doesn't seem to make as much difference as growing up situations did
Highlighted

Hmm so something i have been thinking of here is the concept of consent, what does that mean? Is there a difference to consent in relationships with age gaps? 

Copyright ©2015 Emmeline May and Blue Seat Studios Non-commercial use: Video must have copyright information displayed below video, with a live link to origi...

And I'm going to answer my own question here Smiley Tongue There's definitely a difference to consent, you have to be extra careful to make sure that both people in the relationship know what it means. 

Here's the tea video again to explain it Smiley Tongue 

Highlighted

I love the tea consent video!

I feel like a discussion about it would be the best thing. Even asking if a person is okay with certain things beforehand.
Highlighted

And it's possible the person might be less experienced than you with intimacy stuff too, so it's super important to be heaps respectful of that! 

Highlighted

I think openness in a relationship like that is really important in general as well.