cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Relaxation

Oh my gosh @j95 that just reminded me of when I was little and how I used to roll down hills. I still do it from time to time. It is so much fun! I even rolled down a sand dune once.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Next question!

6. What do you think of the idea that we should have a ‘creative’ component to our relaxation?

I finally caught up! Smiley Happy

6. What do you think of the idea that we should have a ‘creative’ component to our relaxation?

Being creative is hugely relaxing for me. It is one of my go to things when I just can't cope with the world. It is in my safety plan or whatever it is. Smiley Happy It takes me to another place.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@Myvo 6. What do you think of the idea that we should have a ‘creative’ component to our relaxation?

I think generally most people don't have many chances to be creative outside of highschool. Life becomes so busy we forget about playing instruments. Reading. Painting. But creativity is what balances those daily stresses out Smiley Happy

I did some painting on the weekend for the first time in forever and it was so great. You just get in the zone and everything else kinda disappears for a bit.

See, @Billy-RO agrees with me. Smiley Tongue I'm not sure where the place is, but you lose track of time pretty quickly when you are in the zone.

Folding paper stars and doing origami is also a fun, creative way of relaxing Smiley Happy

Like my story about the float tank, people sometimes use some pretty quirky relaxation methods. Do you do anything out of the ordinary when it comes time to relax?

I don't do anything out of the ordinary to relax, although some of my friends do think mindfulness is weird - I am slowly trying to convert them!!

What do you think of the idea that we should have a ‘creative’ component to our relaxation?

I think that having a creative component to relaxation is an excellent idea. For me, if something is creative (e.g. drawing) it forces me to be more present and immersed in it and helps me to relax more effectively.

@Myvo origami is an obvious example of how everybody is different, I get so frustrated with paper folding, from the first step I just sort of want to cry and I usually make it into a paperplane thats not done the right way cause i don't know how. 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Next question!

7. Relaxation is super useful when you’re feeling stressed out, but it’s also really handy to prevent stress altogether. What are some techniques you can build into your everyday life to make sure you’re always as zen as possible? Building on that thought do you think relaxation always have to be some activity? Can it be a mindset or thought process, so then we can be relaxed all the time?