cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Relaxation

@Billy-RO 

I like going to the nearest basketball court. Shooting hoops alone always makes me feel better. But I love the sport so much, just going there and watching others play is enough.... But i always end up joining in anyways LOL It's a good distraction.

Totally get you @Billy-RO a little me-time is always good!

Your ability to unwind can very much depend on environment. Where are some of the tranquil, peaceful places you like go to unwind?

The beach! The drive to jan juc is about an hour and half away so that enough can get me pretty relaxed but yeah always go down to juc, to just watch the water or have a swim, always calming. 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Our next question...

4. When people tell you to chill out, it’s sometimes way easier said than done. What are some of the biggest obstacles you face when it comes to relaxation, and what can you do to overcome them?

> When there's sooo much to do! The guilt starts creeping in, which can become a huge obstacle :/ I start to read to clear my mind a bit to overcome over-doing stuff. 

4. When people tell you to chill out, it’s sometimes way easier said than done. What are some of the biggest obstacles you face when it comes to relaxation, and what can you do to overcome them?

I find it hard to switch off sometimes because I'm so used to being "plugged in". Like, for me, relaxation is about taking time away from the outside world... but the outside world is always accessible in my pocket, which makes it difficult.

tumblr_lysvrzTkNm1qgo5zmo1_500 (1).jpg

@Billy-RO wrote:

Do you guys have relaxing places you can go, even when you can't make it to the beach and the bath? I find being alone helps me relax if I'm stressed. I always make sure I have my lunch by myself when I'm at work. I go to a local park and sit under a tree and don't talk to a soul. 

I agree @Billy-RO I am an introvert and being alone (anywhere) really works for me as a relaxation technique. I love to take lunch breaks by myself at work too. When I'm with people during my breaks at work I sometimes feel like I'm not actually getting a break because I still have to be 'on' socially (if that makes sense?), which can lead to me feeling more stressed. It sucks in my industry though, because having social breaks is kind of expected, so it's something I constantly battle with! Sometimes going for a walk is a good way for me to get some alone time as it doesn't seem as anti-social as going to sit by yourself haha!

@Myvo That guilt for sure! I mean, I'm stressed because I have so much to do, how can I relax when I haven't even done it and taking time to relax will bring me closer to the deadline without any work actually being done ? Such a bad feeling! I have to admit though, when I do manage to go away and refresh myself, I come back and work a lot better!

@delicatedreamer Everything you just wrote is EXACTLY how I feel. Walks help me too!

@Myvo Same here! 

I feel like I won't be able to relax properly when there are so many things to do.

I like meditating when this happens, even if it's 5-10 mins. It empties the mind, calms me down and counts as a little break so I can get all the things done.

When people tell you to chill out, it’s sometimes way easier said than done. What are some of the biggest obstacles you face when it comes to relaxation, and what can you do to overcome them?

I find it hard to relax when i have other responsibilities or other things to be done. It feels more like procrastinating than relaxing, but i always feel better off after chilling out- then i could tackle all the other responsibilities with a clear head Smiley Happy

... it's when i relax and then don't tend to my responsibilities when the guilt and stress kicks in... Smiley Tongue