cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT]: Respect for Yourself and Others

Goodnight @evanescence thanks for joining us!

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

I love your points there, @Ben-RO.

BTW Thanks for letting me take part and having this on, tonight! Have fun guys! Smiley Happy

I agree @stonepixie, I like how Ben worded it. The best way would be to show them the love and respect. Guide them to resources or to ways of "how it's done".

By the way, I just wanted to say Thank you all, and I have immense respect for all you do at RO, and having such an awesome site and forum avail for us. Hats off to ya!!! Man Very Happy

Thanks @evanescence !

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Hey Guys! Great GR session! Here is a short summary of what we spoke about Smiley Happy

We started out our GR sesh by outlining some places people could go for help if they feel like they are in a dangerous or stressful situation in terms where little respect is being shown. Some services we identified were 1800 RESPECT , http://dvcs.org.au (Domestic Violence Crisis Service), and some emergency helplines that @j95 mentioned like emergency helplines such as KHL and Lifeline, even 000 in emergency situations. It’s important that we all spread awareness about these services so people feel like they have the support they need to speak out in tough situations!

We all need respect from others to feel happy in ourselves and to enjoy our lives and daily interactions with others. @j95 acknowledged that we need to feel safe and valued and @Ben-RO also highlighted what isn’t respectful behaviours. Behaviours such as aggression were highlighted as disrespectful and unacceptable behaviours. So it was only natural that respecting others involved things that make people feel safe, happy and valued! The common theme of listening to someone when they need it and acknowledging different perspectives, cultures and ideas was important.

We talked about how awkward approaching a friend about self respect can be! But came up with some snazzy tips for helping out our buddies like:

• Inviting them to take part in self care activities (thanks @stonepixie)
  • Trying to encourage conversation about it indirectly whilst still being respectful to them
  • Being a “shoulder to lean on” so they feel like they can open up to you, asking RUOK? (as @Ben-RO mentioned)

At the end of the day, we all need respect in our lives and to show respect to others. Thanks for partaking in the GR sesh!!! You all made fantastic contributions.

This chat was awesome thanks everyone!
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Whoa, the end of that session snuck up on me!  Thank you so much for coming @stonepixie @evanescence @Lahna @j95 @N1ghtW1ng and @mimbochi

Thank YOU @j95 !

It is tha time of the night folks. Smiley Sad Thanks @Lahna for being such an awesome co-facilitator! You did amazing! Thanks for your responses @j95@evanescence and @mimbochi.

We understand that this is such an important conversation to have and are continuing the conversation over here.

Good night and I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Oh and thanks @Ben-RO for being as insightful as ever,