cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Romantic Relationships

Q3: Some ways to make sure you’re taking care of yourself is to put yourself first. You need to still put your needs first for mental, emotional and physical reasons. Of course you need to look after your partner but you need to be happy instead of pushing yourself away.

@litgym putting your own mental, emotional and physical needs first is so important. It's never selfish to take care of yourself Smiley Happy

Time for my answer Smiley Very Happy
What are some ways that you can make sure that you're taking care of yourself while in a relationship?
Same as the above, meeting your own needs. Also remembering that if you need space or something that your partner might not need or want, that's okay. Sometimes we need to spend some time alone to deal with things or recover from intense feelings and you're not being selfish if you need to do that.
(I feel like mentioning my brother here with such a poor emotional understanding that he feels he needs to be near his girlfriend 24/7. If that's what you need, then fine. But if your partner doesn't want that then you need to respect them too)

With my answer posted it's time for the last question of tonight (it's a short one tonight Smiley Tongue)

Question four:

4. If you are going through a break-up, what are some ways that you can make sure that you're taking care of yourself?

@N1ghtW1ng your response is so true. You need to give your other partner space is they want it and you have to respect that.

Q4: Definitely some self care is needed during a break up ! Also let yourself be sad but also don’t be too sad that actually affects you so much. You want to think it is for a reason even if it’s so hard. 

Do something you enjoy to take your mind off it Smiley Happy

Hi all! Sorry I'm late!

Re: question 4 on break ups: I've honestly found the best way is to spend time with people who will love and validate you and show that love and validation through ice cream and hugs Smiley Tongue

Awesome responses yet again @litgym Smiley Very Happy Letting yourself be sad about it is so important. Especially if it was a really close relationship. It's okay to be sad, but remember there's always tomorrow. It's never the end Smiley Happy

My turn Smiley Tongue
If you are going through a break-up, what are some ways that you can make sure that you're taking care of yourself?
Along with all the points already mentioned, self-care being a super important one. But also reaching out to peers and other supports you have to help you get through this time. When my sister broke up with her boyfriend, she got into (for lack of a better word) a "funk" but we (my mum Smiley Tongue) pulled her out of it and she kept going and now she's getting married soon. No matter how many break ups you go through, there's always a tomorrow.

And... this is so important I want to scream it...
Romantic relationships are not the be-all end-all of life! Soulmates might exist, they might not. You might fall in love, you might not. Romantic relationships are not the only kind of strong, positive relationships that exist. If you have a best friend and you never get a boy/girl friend, so what? BEST FRIENDS COUNT!
Screaming it again:
Platonic (i.e best friends, etc.) are just as good as romantic relationships!

(I get annoyed at all the romance on TV, can you tell? Smiley Tongue)

@N1ghtW1ng absolutely! In terms of strength and length of commitment, all the best relationships in my life are platonic and it sucks that romantic relationships are often idealised as the 'best' form of love

Agreed @DirtWitch (also, hello! Smiley Very Happy) I definitely get frustrated with forced romantic pairings between characters. Just let them be friends!! Smiley Tongue But alas, we live in a very "romantic" world so I won't ever get my wish but maybe one day platonic relationships will be held just as highly as romantic ones Smiley Happy

@N1ghtW1ng totally!! i can’t agree more. I’m logging off for tonight but great chat tonight Smiley Happy I’ll definitely join the next one Smiley Wink hope you guys have a great rest of the night and I’ll check in tomorrowHeart