cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CHAT]: Sad feels - how to deal

The chat will kick off at 8pm AEST, Monday 8th of August 2016.

Log in and High Five this post for an email reminder. Tell us what you'd like to talk about by clicking "Reply".

It’s normal to feel down or sad at different times, and for a whole range of reasons. In fact, most people feel sadness at some time or other in their lives.

Society tells us that we must feel happy all the time in order to live a healthy and successful life, but life has ups and downs, so it’s impossible to remain happy all the time. It’s okay to feel sad sometimes especially in response to stressful life events, but usually these feelings go away with time.

giphy.gif

Feeling sad can look like crying, losing interest in activities that you used to enjoy, changes in sleeping patterns and/or appetite and withdrawing from others.

It can be difficult to know what to do when sadness becomes a problem, and when to seek help if feeling down is impacting on other aspects of your life. We might feel guilty or ashamed about feeling sad (even though these feelings are very common!) which can make it harder to cope. Luckily, there are many strategies that we can use manage these feelings, and look after our wellbeing.

Join myself and @Myvo on Monday 8th August at 8pm AEST to talk about how to manage and cope when you feel sad.

The chat will kick off at 8pm AEST, Monday 8th of August 2016.

Log in and High Five this post for an email reminder. Tell us what you'd like to talk about by clicking "Reply".

Re: [CHAT]: Sad feels - how to deal

Hey @lokifish @redhead and @N1ghtW1ng! You liked the thread, so you get a reminder! 

See you in 20? Smiley Happy 

@Ben-RO funnily enough I'm dealing with a lot of sad feels tonight so I don't know if I'll join in Smiley Sad

Smiley Sad i am sorry to hear that @lokifish! Thanks for letting me know, and hope to see you for just a little bit! 

Sucks to hear that @lokifish Smiley Sad Feel free to read the summary or jump in when you're feeling up to it

Sup guys, I made it. (Thanks for the reminder @Ben-RO). Just letting you all know, my wrist is still dying, so my posts are going to be really slow Smiley Tongue But I'll try my best!

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

No worries @lokifish - I'm sorry to hear that Smiley Sad take care of yourself/practice self-care tonight, and the summary/thread will be here to read later if you need.

@lokifish I hope you feel better. Sending some cuddles your way Smiley Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Hi everybody! Welcome to tonight's GR all about how to deal when you have sad feels. @Myvo and I are super pumped for an interesting (and hopefully valuable and helpful) chat.

We're going to be talking about feeling sad/down tonight, so if at any point tonight you feel that things are too much or like you need to talk to someone, please contact KHL (1800 55 1800) or Lifeline (13 11 14).

And as usual, please keep in mind our forum guidelines. Smiley Happy

Let's get started! Our first question of the night is:

What makes you feel sad?

Hello everyone!

Hm, a lot of things make me sad but I'd say the key ones are stressful stuff around uni, work, and relationships.