cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Saying sorry and forgiveness

thats a good list @FootyFan26. I can definately think of a lot of times where I dont want to admit I am wrong and feel vulnerable nad perhaps weak. Especially if they dont accept your apology, that can deter you in the future from trying to apologise even when you are wrong.

Pride is hard to define, but it's basically is valuing yourself and your image as the most important thing in the world
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

@Troy thats so true when you feel weak asking for forgiveness incase they might not forgive you.. I think once that happens pride comes in...

I felt bad for giving you such a hard thing to define but seems like you nailed it!  Valueing your image particularly resonated with me

Im assuming as people we all feel our opinions or the way we view a situation is right! So once we have a disagreement, fight or whatever the situation may be that we need to apologise .. Our pride and value of our opinions comes in and really makes it hard to ask for forgiveness!

If that makes sense!

OKayyyyy third question!

1. Is it ever a good idea to say sorry if you don’t mean it?

This is a hard one for me to decide on. I think that in many situations, even if you dont mean it can be polite and contribute to a positive atmosphere and may make others feel good.

However, for serious personal issues such as with a close friend or family, I feel like fake apologies can just errode trust and the relationship.

WHAT doo you guys think? 

@sunflowers5 most of it made sense Smiley Tongue still probably more sense then I make half the time o.0

Hey guys, long time no see >.<
Sorry I'm a little late!

Tell us about the last time you had to say sorry to someone in a real way - why was it important?

Being at college means a few parties, and not long ago I got upset at one and totally put a bummer of a mood on a friend's night because she was making sure I was ok. I know how it feels to have to look after a sad person at a party - it's NOT fun, so I felt really bad. The morning after I went up to her, said sorry, we hugged it out and we ate chocolate together *cuuuute*. 

What can stop us from wanting to apologize?

I think the main thing would be feeling like I had done nothing wrong, but even if I hadn't, I'd still say sorry because that's who I am (I say sorry for everything, even silly things that I didn't do.... oops *soz not soz*)

Is it ever a good idea to say sorry if you don’t mean it?
I don't think so. It abuses people trust and will just make the problem even worse.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Yeh I agree with that one @Troy

sometimes we may apologise just out of social courtesy but we may not entirely mean it...
I think in such situations our main intention is to be polite so that should be fine and not morally wrong...

where as if its to something close to us regarding a much more intimate issue.. I personally do not think its okay to apologise and not mean it.
I think once you apologise you shouldn't be repeating the same mistake again and again because the apology loses all meaning!