cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CHAT] Sleep Hygiene

How I have been sleeping of late can be perfectly summarised by this image.

Who needs sleep?

Which means that I am more than likely writing this when I should be sleeping.

Okay, I am. It is currently 3:36 am and I want nothing more than sleep, but know that I won’t be getting any anytime soon. So coffee shall be my friend today.

coffee

I know this, because my current inability to sleep can be explained by medical reasons. But not always is this the case. Most of the time, I am the one to blame for my lack of a full night's sleep.

For instance …

12814768_10209323124578380_4896700423202110978_n.jpg

and

the force

But most of all

slothilda

So what do these three images have in common? They basically say that I have poor sleep hygiene. Wait, what? There is a hygienic way to sleep? I hear you all ask.

Indeed there is and we will be discussing what it looks like on Monday (14th March) as well as ways in which you could be sabotaging your sleep. Hint: It may or may not involve what you do around bed time.

To find out what time we shall be discussing this in your state, have a looksi at the image below.

GR ADT.jpg

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Re: [CHAT] Sleep Hygiene

Good evening! Tonight we will be discussing sleep hygiene. @stonepixie and I will be facilitating the discussion.

If for any reason you feel distressed or need to talk to someone please do no hesitate to contact Lifeline on 13 11 14 or KHL 1800 55 1800 or their chat service.

Also, please keep in mind our community guidelines for the duration of the discussion.

To kick the discussion off….

1. How much sleep did you get last night? How did this make you feel?

|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||

Hey @ClCl @stonepixie

Super keen on this chat, it's something I could definitely learn some more about.

Heya everyone! 

Can't wait to have this awesome chat, but I do apologise in advance if I end up like this chick.

sleepy

How much sleep did you get last night? How did this make you feel?

I'm not actually sure how much I got last night, all I know is that it wasn't enough. At one stage this morning, I was yawning every 5 minutes. Which isn't a good look when you are sitting on an interview panel.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Hi Everyone! I'll be popping in and out tonight depending on how im feeling but will try my best to stay!

This topic is so relevant to me right now, I got roughly 7-8 hours sleep last night and I though I slept well but woke up so tired and been tired all day except for the few hours after my coffee this morning. It's strange, I guess I felt like I didnt get enough?

I got 8 hours sleep! It made me feel pretty good. Interestingly i was in a hotel room that was basically built with good sleep hygiene in mind....Hmm.

Woah super cool @Ben-RO what do you mean by built with good sleep hygiene?

I think i have pretty bad sleep hygiene, im one of those bad people that always takes their laptop into bed..

@Stealth_ninja i reckon there's a lot to be said for quality over quantity!

Hiya @Ben-RO @Stealth_ninjaand @stonepixie

Man that sucks @stonepixie

I have a FitBit which means I can tell you exactlt how much I got. Hmm last night was an unsusual one (I got to sleep in). I got 8 hours 33 minutes with 24 minutes awake/restless apparently.

|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||