cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CHAT]: Sleep

Let's be honest, we've all done it - stayed up until 1:00am, had to wake up at 6:00 for work or school and struggled through the day like this:

coffee.gif

Or perhaps you come home every day feeling like an 8-year coma will just about do the trick

sleep.gif

In honour of this year's Sleep Awareness Week, today's Get Real session will be all about sleep - the importance of it, how much you need, and - most importantly - how we can have a healthier relationship with it

Join us Today, 3rd of July at 8pm AEST for a chat all about sleep. Hope to see you there!

happy.gif

Re: [CHAT]: Sleep

Hey everyone,

Tonight we're going to be discussing sleep habits and sleep hygiene!

If at all you find this conversation distressing or you feel like you need to talk to someone, please don’t hesitate to call lifeline (13 11 14) or Kids Helpline (1800 55 1800).  If you are new or need a quick reminder of our community guidelines, you can find them here

Looking forward to this convo tonight!  Definitely going to be interesting! Again if you're new around here feel free to join in, the more the merrier!

Hey everyone!!

Let's get rolling with the first question for tonight...

How many hours of sleep do you get on a typical night? Do you think you get more or less than you should be getting?

Hello!!

keen.gif

hey guys!

I reckon for me, I'd get about 6-9 hours on a night where I have things planned. But on the holiday I will sleep in like an absolute champ and go to bed crazy late :')

I get 9-10 hours sleep a night and what i should be getting is about 10 hours so I reckon I'm right on it.

I get about 7-8 hours of sleep a night and I'm assuming I get a bit less than I should be getting as I tend to take naps later during the day.

How many hours of sleep do you get on a typical night? Do you think you get more or less than you should?

If I get to sleep in/don't have to get up early then usually 8+. I am a night owl so getting up early means I don't usually get much sleep unfortunately. I think my main issue is going to sleep too late rather than not getting enough sleep - I often feel tired even if I get 9+ hours which sucks!