cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CHAT] Social Networking Sites

Being on social media sites can be a great way of catching up with friends, getting group assignments done and having a laugh!

23C1919E-803F-4E23-B0D8-49AA0E1A8093.gif

And with more people joining social media sites, these great moments can be shared among more people in real time!

C7D4479E-015F-45AA-9FAD-F48659C00B72.gif

But social media isn’t always the great, fun and uplifting experience that it’s made out to be. The real time nature of social media means that bullies and other people wishing to cause harm can have easier access to their targets. It also means that it is very hard for someone to take back a post or delete something that might embarrass them later, as things can be saved, screenshots can be taken and people can be linked back to the post much later on.

3F04380F-7F0A-4B10-B306-E74578FCAC0F.gif

So join us Monday 25 June at 7:30pm AEST, when we will chat about the good, the bad and the ugly of social networking sites, and in particular what we can do about the bad things that happen and how we can keep looking after ourselves!

Re: [CHAT] Social Networking Sites

Hello and welcome to tonight's chat! It's all about social networking, how it can affect us and what we can do about it!

If at all you find this conversation distressing or you feel like you need to talk to someone, about an issue then it's time to get some help! You can call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 or use their webchat and email services found on their respective sites. The links can be found here. If you are new here then welcome! Have a quick peek at our community guidelines you can find them here!

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Tagging some users feel free to join us Smiley Happy
@scared01 @mrmusic @N1ghtW1ng @DruidChild @tacticalopspaintball @AmaraLilee @Zeldasmile

Hey all

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

HI @scared01 how are you?

I'm hoping some more people join, but I'll start with our first question now anyway Smiley Happy

1. Do you use social networking sites? How often? (which ones?)

I hope so too! @Bee 

@DruidChild@Brendos94@letitgo@lokifish@Zeldasmile @N1ghtW1ng @Esperanza67 @ do you guys want to join in?

Q1. Yes i use social  media quite alot however its limited to facebook/messenger/emails and the forums. Other than that no. But i use them at least once a day

@May_@Charlie-29-1999@DirtWitch @mrmusic@_daisy@

Highlighted

Nice answer @scared01

I use a few different social media sites, here (Of course! Smiley Tongue ), Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Instagram (I think that's about it)
I used them for different things so RO is pretty self-explanatory Smiley Tongue
Facebook keeping in contact with people and stuff, Facebook messenger is usually how I talk to a lot of people
Instagram is for my photography Smiley Happy
I would probably be using a form of social media everyday actually Smiley Surprised

Hey @Bee and @scared01, thanks for the tags Smiley Happy Not sure how much of the chat I'll be able to join in sorry! 

Do you use social networking sites? How often? Which ones? 

I do, I use messenger/Facebook to talk to my friends but once every few days. I use tumblr and Pinterest every day and I occasionally use twitter.