cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] The Pet Effect

Hahaha you're right @ruenhonx  , @benjamin_'s cat  does look like Garfield! (Take it as a compliment Smiley Wink

She was @ruenhonx - but I've been training her out of it!

Hi all!! Am loving the gorgeous pics!!

Currently Pet-Less, but grew up with lots of dogs and cats , guinea pigs and gold fish.

My family moved a lot when i was a kid, so we did go through rather a lot of pets. Cat Surprised

Now i live on my own, the last pet i had was a pomeranian about 8 years ago! He looked EXACTLY like this little spritely fellow! So so skittish and crazy!! He was fun and an energetic bundle of fluff!! 

Unfortunately he died when i went over seas and um, my sister looked after him.

pomeranian.jpg

Pets make me happy! Hahaha. There is a guinea pig that visits regularly! Smiley Happy

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

How can having a pet improve your mood?

For me there's nothing better than coming home after a long hard day of work/school to a dog wagging its tail to see you. Such a great feeling to know that someone is there waiting for you and happy to see you. *probably dexter wanting a bowl of food... but still love seeing happy pets cos they immediately lift your mood

Animals just make me so happy. When I'm feeling sad I'll sometimes go to my sister's house and play with her cat. It takes my mind off things and keep me entertained. The warmth and comfort of holding it also helps Smiley Happy

I used to hold my guinea pigs to my chest and cry and tell them all my problems when I was 12... Smiley Tongue 

This pace is insane!

Because they love you all the time even when you feel like no one else does

Cos they listen to you and don't judge you

Cos you can take them for walks and exercise is good for your mental health

Cos they make you laugh and laughing is probably also good for your mental health

lanejane

This convo is moving so quick tonight!

I think it can help with loneliness (which is why I want one when I move out), and they can make you laugh and cheer you up when you are sad. I think they are also a good way to distract yourself when you are sad.

So many ways! For one, sometimes i'll come from work or uni after a really crappy day and be really stressed out and unhappy. Then i'll see my cat do something funny or weird like dive into a plastic bag or squeeze into the tiniest box. It's hard to stay serious after seeing that. 

Hi everyone, sorry I'm late.

My pet collection includes a pet rock and a million stuffed animals (most OD which are sheep tbh)
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire