cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] The future of getting help - what would you do?

Welcome DD
Having diverse and youth services is amazing because I think people forget certain groups so having these services does build more awareness.

I agree, I think that crisis services work well. Particularly crisis services for young people include a great team of professionals to access- psychologists, psychiatrists, nutritionists etc. 

Hey guys,

I love the different types of help you can access for the different levels of mental health.  I know these aren't accessible to everyone, but every little bit helps.  

@Perspicacious wrote:

I agree, I think that crisis services work well. Particularly crisis services for young people include a great team of professionals to access- psychologists, psychiatrists, nutritionists etc. 

Agreed! Smiley Happy

More money needs to be put into e-counselling.  A couple of times I have used headspace and was asked if I could talk the next day because the counsellor needed to talk to someone else.  I totally understood, my issue wasn’t life threatening but it was still a bit disheartening.  They offer a FANTASTIC service and there needs to be more money and publicity pumped into it.  More people need to know about this service for the future.  I have found it to be a great way to contact a trained professional at any time and get help without having to go through the waiting list for an appointment or having to wait a week for an appointment.  With the technology generation growing up, there will be a higher demand for on-line help.  

Welcome @Caity1912 and @Boom Smiley Happy

I think there is a lot of help now for crisis support but not so much for coping with mental health problems which are long term and everyday.

Better Access is an absolute JOKE. It is unrealistic to think that a person with a severe mental health problem would be able to get everything sorted out in 10 sessions. Add on top of that the fact that many people who need extra sessions are unemployed or have limited income due to their mental health problems, it is ridiculous. There needs to be better avenues in place for keeping mentally ill people in services to deal with chronic, long-term health problems.

totally agree... online is where its at!
Highlighted

Oops. Sorry, I kind of didn't answer your question - that's just my frustration showing. Smiley Tongue

Welcome @mischiefmanaged and @EloiseRose thank you all for joining us.