cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] The sickness

Also - sort of related to the last question...

8. What about if you are caring for someone with an illness, where might you go for support?

lanejane

some of my mates laugh when i say i use pinterest but i dont care i think its helpful and lots of motivational things are on there
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

8. What about if you are caring for someone with an illness, where might you go for support?

Same really

• Friends
  • Fsmily
  • Forums
  • Teachers
  • Psychologists
  • Counselors
  • Call a helpline
  • Use support websites
  • GPs to get advice

There is often support groups for family and loved ones of those with a chronic illness. There can be camps for kids, weekly support groups

8. If I was caring for someone else, I'd probably hit up a site like ReachOut with it's fab factsheets to educate myself, along with seeking help from my support network!

online forums mostly

also local health services can provide respite! so carers can get a break and the person with an illness can too.

I'm pretty sure that SANE has a carer forum for people supporting someone with a mental illness.

http://saneforums.org/ 

Blueboard is also one for carers of people with depression

http://www.blueboard.anu.edu.au

Not sure if we have any people who are full time carers on the forum tonight? I'm sure they would have some more ideas. But of course friends and family are always great supports for anyone. And psychologists - sometimes carers need someone to chat to, too!

lanejane

Respite is a good point @j95

lanejane

So as the metaphorical sun sets on another GR session, I just wanted to say it's been a pleasure to hear all the stories you have had to share! 

Final question! 

9. What is one thing about illness you have learnt from tonight?