cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] The (sometimes) ugly aftermath of relationships

Hey guys!!
This is going to be a great chat, I've got heaps of interesting stories to share. Including when an ex burnt my favourite beanie in the fire during a nasty breakup. Ha...
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

Wow @Dreamer 95 - a really great response you posted there about families, partners changing and going through rough times. There are lots of things that can make relationships hard and they are all definitley in there.

lanejane
Highlighted

my partner of one year and i broke up back in October. After a week, we got talking again and now were best friends with plans to get back together. Sometimes break ups cant be prevented. The timing of our relationship was wrong and we both have things to work on before we decide to get back together. At first i didnt understand, but now i think it was the best decision

Highlighted

@lanejane I think so too - it seems like generally being uncommunicative or unable to communicate honestly or kindly is a good indicator

Highlighted

@j95 not sure whether to like that and high 5 it - or not haha. it does sound nasty indeed.

i'm giving it a high 5 as an encourager to tell us more later in the thread Robot tongue

lanejane
Highlighted

@j95 burning of clothes is generally a bad thing, and in the context of a breakup is definitely a bad sign Smiley Tongue

Highlighted

2. What are some signs that a relationship might be heading towards a break up?

Oh dear, there's so many..however, it does depend in different circumstances. In others, absolutely unacceptable: 

• When it's not equal, where one person is puting in more effort than the other.
  • Dishonesty and being in denial about their actions when caught
  • When one person feels entitled or angry about their partner's (rational, everyday) choices
  • Bigotry
  • Domestic violence of every kind
  • Arguing about the same issues over and over again, but a solution (or a set of solutions) are yet to be found. 

@pegasus123 that's a really good point - sometimes you get with someone when it isn't really the right time for it. People change over their lives so you might not be the best partner for someone at a certain point in your life

Highlighted

2. What are some signs that a relationship might be heading towards a break up?

depends on the relationship really - it could be that you are fighting all the time, or it could be that you are drifting apart and not communicating or being part of each others lives....
Highlighted

@Myvo equal power dynamics in relationships are so important!!