cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] We are Young...Let's Set the World on Fire

I think one of the big issues is that we're so often treated like children and yet expected to act like adults. like, no, if you won't let me do anything how do you expect me to be mature and do things?

What’s difficult about being a young person these days?

Ummm....'my parents don't understand me!'

The cost of living and keeping up. We hear a lot of news about how younger generations will have to work longer and may not even retire when they would like. There's more bills to pay, study or work, and time management - particularly if you're trying to spend more time with your family, friends or if you're in a relationship with someone. Then there's also supporting other people too when they're going through some tough stuff as well as trying to look after yourself at the same time. 

The pressure to do well in school if one wants to go to uni.

Everyone blames our generation when something goes wrong.

People automatically assume that we are tech savy and spoil rotten people.

Need to have experience to get hired, need to have a job in order to have experience.

And still thinking about more responses.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Hahaha @stonepixie

I am trying to give you these horrible expectations so when it doesn't happen you will enjoy being an adult more... Smiley Happy Maybe...

I think I sort of touched on this with my earlier answer so apologies in advance if this answer is a bit repetitive.

- Pressure to do well in school and go to uni.

- Pressure to look a certain way and have a certain lifestyle (I think a lot of this is a by product of social media such as instagram)

- Having lots of commitments to juggle.

Always being accessible. Urgh! I hate it!

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@stonepixie I actually do like adulthood.  It's just that my mind that came with it has been a bit of a challenge...and the cooking and cleaning.  Well I like cleaning (yeah weird)...so things are always clean and tidy around me, as for cooking, I love having a decent meal (which I often won't get 7 nights a week at home), so I really like being in control of who I choose to be.

People automatically judge you at work especially like you are young and therefore dont know what you are doing or are not capable. I hate that...

"You've got it easy! When I was your age ..."