cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] We are Young...Let's Set the World on Fire

@Mwahahala Yup, I agree! Particularly if you seem/act mature and are actually capable of doing all the things, people are just shocked when you tell them your age. And then get grumpy as they immediately stand their distance :c

@Mwahahala wrote:
I think one of the big issues is that we're so often treated like children and yet expected to act like adults. like, no, if you won't let me do anything how do you expect me to be mature and do things?

@Argh yes I so agree @Mwahahala! This attitude from 'adults' annoys me so much!!

@stonepixie i feel you with the work thing.. im trying to get a job in admin at the moment and no one will hire me becuase i havent done it before!! so hard to get your foot in the door

@Myvo yesss cost of living is pretty crazy!!! *sadface*

What I like best about adulthood @_sagira_, is that I don't have to seek permission of my parents to do something, I just go out and do it and if my parents find out, then it isn't a big deal at all.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Yes! It's all this never ending circle of be mature, dont be mature you're too young, get a job, no we don't want you without experience.....

What I like about adulthood is I am more aware of who I am and what I like and dont like and who I want to associate with.

What I dislike most is people's lack on insight into what is actually important in their lives.  So many of my friends are so caught up in their careers, but I don't see that as the most important and significant thing to do in my life.  My career does not define me, it's just something I do, and unfortunately it's something that we all need in this culture to survive.  I think it's about learning not to survive, but to live.  People focus too much on the things that are superficial and not that important.

Yep @Mwahahala going through that right now or you meet people in a professional setting and they are like dismissive.

@Mwahahala Exactly...the 'experience' thing is a real killer.

SO TRUE @Mwahahala i swear nobody actually knows what they want... i feel like i also have that battle with myself, be mature or be young and carefree..