cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] We are family

@N1ghtW1ng and @Bee 

My nan had at least 3 husbands that I know of. Then some of my aunts and uncles remarried. It is just rather messy. 

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Do you have any weird, unusual or cool family traditions?

Unfortunately no. My family was to dysfunctional to have traditions. Even growing up with christmas was tough with my parents fighting where I would spend it.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Mum and I did A LOT together. We shopped every weekend (even if it was just to look and not buy), we danced around the house, joked around, went for random drives around our town, went for walks, did the grocery shopping together, went to the movies, watched tv, ate and cooked together and we occasionally played games together, whether it was card games, board games or even video games.
There's probably more to mention, but we almost spent every minute of our lives (outside of school hours) together.

Let's see... my mum, dad, sis, bro and I always did secret santa. And we always made sure dad picked first before we put his name in because he always picked himself and didn't tell anyone. What else... at Christmas time we have a "santa" and everyone gets one present at a time and we have to watch that person open it. Although when we were much younger we each got one and then opened it up. But now all that order is gone... OH! Easter egg hunts... Here's one! Whenever we went over to my nanne's house for whatever we'd always play treasure hunt either inside or outside. The way we played it was that we wrote down a list of all the stuff used (usually 20) and then a column for each of our names. And when we found it we had to tick off the item under our name. The winner was whoever found them first and then once everyone had found them all we collected them all. It was fun but frustrating when our younger, younger cousins played and kept taking the hidden toys... My very strange family is also very boring.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Probably, but I cannot think of any at the moment...

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@Pontox Sounds like you and your mum had a really great and special relationship, ive only started to appreciate my mum in the last few years and i wish i had sooner

We still have Easter and Christmas the same as we did when we were kids (ie, the Easter Bunny and Santa still comes) even though we (my bro and I) are 18 and 21. HAHA! Love it!!! 

Other than that, nothing too odd

Highlighted

Hehe, in terms of traditions, mum and I were big on Christmas traditions. We read two pop-up books every Christmas eve together. One was The Night Before Christmas and the other was The Twelve Days of Christmas. We also watched some Christmas movies every single year as tradition.
Also we used to drive around to the nice part of town and look houses and dream about what it would be like to live in them.

Where do I start?

Umm ... we all have different names that we call each other, like munciple and sock flusher. Every Christmas, we have a family breakfast where both sides are invited, but recently it has only been my mums side since all of dads side moved away.

But no, not really anything weird or unusual. Except what is acceptable dinner table conversations.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@Bee yep. Thorns, I don't know where that thought came from but it's pretty accuRATe isn't it?
@stonepixie yeah. My grandma remarried once or twice too, so my dad has a bunch of half brothers and sister. Oh here's something. My dad has a nephew who is less than 5 years younger than him. One aunt recently divorced and when my uncle died, my aunt (who he was married to) remarried too and had two more kids. So confusing and messy.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!