cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] We are family

@N1ghtW1ng Its since i was about 16!! cant eay gluten either poor me, its actually not that bad haha my family and i actually bond over it becuase both my siblings cant eat gluten either and neither can my aunt. So its kind of a good thing! We search for all the alergy friendly cafes and make dates out of it Smiley Happy

Do you have any friends that are more like family than friends?

YES - so many. its so good they add a different vibe to the family.

At one point i had a friend living this us for three years 

My best friend. I even have him as my next of kin.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

I certainly do have a friend who is more like family than a friend. We grew super close after mum died because I needed people who loved me and understood what I tried to say and she just got me - she still does! Actually, I'm pretty sure I just inserted myself into her family almost. I now do a lot of the talking, joking and leisurely activities that I did with mum with my friend instead. I'm really grateful for her for that. But I think we both appreciate each other Smiley Happy

@Pontox that is so great Smiley Happy Really, it is.
@stonepixie my grandma, when she lived with us, used to alway smake lamingtons. I remember always eating the corner of the sponge before she put the chocolate and coconut on it because the crunchy corners were always my favourite part.

No. I don't even know about my friends anymore but really, I don't think I've ever been close to anyone. Except for my old friend from NSW, we were like sisters but I don't know anymore.

At college, we live on floors and that floor is basically your family. I see these people as my family. Also, a lot of my friends are more like family. I'm pretty lucky to have such great relationships with so many people. #justrealised

@redhead Thats so nice you have a friend like that, my best friend is also like a sister to me, she is actually texting me non stop right now and distracting me haha. Im even bringing her to our family holiday next week!

I think we all have that friend !! 

@redhead 

Not really. I used to but then she got a boyfriend and all of a sudden, I didn't exist. It was around about the time that my mental health started to get really bad.

I always called the people who lived in my unit on college my family which then changed to my friends from college as my housemates ended up being creeps the following year. They really do get you through everything. And it annoys me that I let our friendships slip.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

I DID (although she died a couple years ago) I knew her as an aunt, although she was only ever a friend of the family. She did so much to help us out in many different ways, and it was so sad to lose her! (I wish I could expand on this at the moment, but I don't want to miss he - if that makes sense)

I used to consider my old friends as kinda like sisters, as we'd fight and always make up so often it was ridiculous, but now we don't talk anymore...

We reflected on the joys of 2019

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart