cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] We are family

@SJG at least it's not all bad though Smiley Happy My dad became gluten free too so I have discovered some really, really nice gluten free foods for him that I now eat. Smiley Tongue Whoops.
@EloiseRose @redhead @Pontox @dreamcatcher isn't so cool that you all have such close friend/s. Smiley Very Happy

Next question is 

How do you 'get along' with siblings in law/ partners/boyfriends/ girlfriends/ friends of your family when you don't really get along with them?

Im sure you guys have some great tips

@dreamcatcher samsies! Hahaha. I used to live on college. My corridor was my family and then I moved to self-catered and my unit became my family, but the following year, I got real creeps as housemates.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

How do you 'get along' with siblings in law/ partners/boyfriends/ girlfriends/ friends of your family when you don't really get along with them?
I just smile and wave. I'm really bad at this but it's not all bad considering that my sister's boyfriend hardly comes over here. I don't see my dad's side anymore and my mum's side drives me crazy. But I just smile, return hellos and pleasantries and try not to further engage conversation.

@dreamcatcher 

Yeh that would be a great part of college making a massive extended family

Highlighted

I really struggle to get along with my brother in law sometimes, i have almost nothing in common with him and we seem to argue everytime we are together, but for the sake of my sister i try really hard to get along with him, i try to talk about things that i know he is interested in (even if i find them incredibly boring) or suggest activities or places to eat that i know he will like to avoid uneccessary conflict 

bite your tongue

- jsut breathe 

- try not to take things too personally 

- dont automatically think "think the relationship will end soon"

@Bee I've got a couple of 'aunts' that are like that! One is my dads best friend and the other is my actual aunts best friend. And I'm a kids aunt as well. One of my rugrats half-sister. And I think my family has accepted one of my sisters bestfriends into the family. She moved far away from her family to be with her husband.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@N1ghtW1ng 

Smile and wave great one!!

I'm lucky that most of family is overseas or inter state so I dont have to be forced to get along with them. It's only me dad and my brother here. I avoid my brother at all costs and don't even try with him anymore (personal reasons)
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire