cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] We are family

Sounds like you have some good coping strategies @Pontox 

How do you 'get along' with siblings in law/ partners/boyfriends/ girlfriends/ friends of your family when you don't really get along with them?

I guess you just have to be polite when conversing and hold your opinions to yourself. You never know when and how things can be twisted...
I had a lot of trouble with one sister-in-law. We just never got along, it didn't matter what I did I was in the wrong...

We reflected on the joys of 2019

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@EloiseRose I'm glad too! It's been super helpful!

@Pontox Like @stonepixie said, it's great that you have some methods of coping in place that help you. Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Ok next question!

In the future do you want a family? If so why/why not?  what do you want your family to look like? Big or small, quiet or loud?

@N1ghtW1ng Hahaha. If that is one thing you can rely on in my family, it is honesty. If I'm no longer nice as pie, then you know that you have crossed my threshold. I've been told by a friend that I am really scary when I'm angry. And another person stopped talking to me because I told her that she was spending too much time with her boyfriend and completely ignoring all of her friends. But, whatever there is only so much one can do.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@Bee those in-laws Smiley Tongue But you're right, being polite is important, and keeping your opinions to yourself. Unless those opinions are on the current topic at hand that have nothing to do with family members of course. Like you think this team is better than the other one when your family thinks the other one is better that this team. Or don't, depending on your family that could cause more arguments. But hey, every family is different. You've just gotta figure out what grinds your family's teeth and avoid it.

Hahaha. @N1ghtW1ng, I'm pretty sure that was @SJG. Our pics confused you, didn't they? Cat Tongue

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

In the future do you want a family? If so why/why not?  what do you want your family to look like? Big or small, quiet or loud?

YES!!! im such a loser i want one so bad haha.

I love toddlers its weird no one really does but they are amazing... the weird things they say.

i want a big loud family... that i can take to the coast and let them run a muck in the sunshine Smiley Happy

I think I would like a family, one day. Right now, even though I'm 21, the thought of having kids scares the hell out of me, don't get me wrong, I love kids, but maybe it's because I have so much I want to do before I settle down and have a family, idk. ONE DAY I WILL OK. AHHHH!!!!