cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

[CHAT] We can all have healthy relationships!

Healthy Relationships are so important whether this is romantic, friendships, family, workmates etc. and without defining what is healthy our mental health would always be in crisis. To define healthy we also need to define unhealthy so like toxic relationships, abusive relationships, work place bullying, exclusion and breaking personal boundaries and many more can leave you vulnerable.

I know from experience like once I feel a relationship is unhealthy I get pretty passive aggressive and negative and that can just leak into your daily life and affect all relationships. Like I can be angry at my mum then take it out on my boyfriend and then go to work and not be able to do a good job and get snappy with my co-workers because of it. So its a cycle of unhealthiness and in this session we want to address healthy relationships. How do we recognize the signs that something is wrong? How do we deal with that? Who do we talk to?

We are going to discuss healthy relationships with a partner, after a break up and also healthy interactions with family, friends and workmates because good adult relationships generally involve two people who respect each other, can communicate, and have equal rights, opportunities and responsibilities. Most of us would also expect our relationship with our partner to include love, intimacy, sexual expression, commitment, compatibility and companionship. Sometimes after a break-up, it can make you obsess over how your ex feels about you which can also affect a healthy relationship with yourself. Read how one girl realised that hers was the only opinion that mattered.

We also want to share tips, examples and coping strategies for anyone going through an unhealthy relationship right now. So come on over and join us so we can stop the cycle of negativity and gain knowledge on self awareness and what is healthy. 

Join us Monday 13th October 2014 at 8pm right here!!!!

In the mean time, check this awesome animation out 

Re: [CHAT] We can all have healthy relationships!

Hello everyone! Smiley Very Happy

Welcome to tonight’s Getting Real session on healthy relationships! Healthy relationships are important in everyday life and it can affect our mental health in all sorts of ways. We’re looking forward to hearing from you and seeing what your thoughts are on what makes healthy (or unhealthy) relationships!

Tonight, our chat will be moderated by the lovely @ruenhonx  and myself. We’d like to remind you to take a look at, and abide by the community guidelines too – just so we can keep this safe and awesome as possible. But, if at anytime, you feel that you need to talk, please check out emergency help

Rightio! Let’s get started. 

1. Having a healthy relationship with someone is pretty important. But we may all have different perspectives on what a healthy relationship is. So, in your own words, what is a healthy relationship?

Oh no, I have to go have dinner - but I'll be back in 20 minutes. Have fun everyone! 

Hey everyone (including those watching) 

Please feel free to participate, all opinions count and I hope this session is helpful for all of us. 

1. Having a healthy relationship with someone is pretty important. But we may all have different perspectives on what a healthy relationship is. So, in your own words, what is a healthy relationship?

A healthy relationship is about Trust, Honesty, Communication, Love and most importantly RESPECT Smiley Happy

See you soon @florenceforever

No worries @florenceforever ! We'll still be here when you get back!

@ruenhonx I definitely agree with that. Those elements are absolutely crucial in healthy relationships! I'd also like to add loyalty and equality in there too!

hey guys! 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Hi all Smiley Happy Looking forward to the discussion.

Having a healthy relationship with someone is pretty important. But we may all have different perspectives on what a healthy relationship is. So, in your own words, what is a healthy relationship?

I think a healthy relationship is a relationship where there is mutual respect, honesty and trust between both parties.

Hey @j95 Welcome welcome! Smiley Very Happy

Yes agree about the communication and love too @ruenhonx!