cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] We can all have healthy relationships!

Yeah that one more chance thing.... i don't mean to bang on about my personal stuff nobody really wants to hear but that trap is a nasty one. I remember as a kid mum just kept giving my dad chance after chance no matter how bad things got.

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Its so difficult for me @Jezz23 my boyfriend and I are in long distance so all communication is online on text over the phone so it sucks because I want to resolve things face to face so I can see that we are on the same page.

@lanejane Asking the big questions! This could be a good question to ask yourself what you really want, and whether being in a particular relationship is worth your time. 

Myvo wrote:

I'll add my 2 cents: 

• Being incredibly dependent on the other person - I've had both an ex-boyfriend and a former friend who have been overly dependent on me. It sucks when they talk to me about their issues but when I'd hope that they'd do the same for me - I get this:

K. 

Agreed Myvo! I've experienced that too. So frustrating!

@ruenhonx - I hope you get a chance to meet more face to face. It's so important isn't it?
It sounds awful how you describe it , when you can't resolve things face to face. If I was in a romantic relationsip I sure would want to be on the same page with my guy! That'd feel much nicer ... At least you have a meaningful relationshiop @ruenhonx!!

Its so busy tonight, I'm actually smiling everytime I refresh.. Smiley Happy 

So this is a big question but 

What do you think causes of influences people to stay in unhealthy relationships, friendships etc.?

@j95 Definitely! My mum does the same thing with my dad, and it's unbelivably frustrating to witness at times. Giving chances does show a degree of forgiveness and compromise, but it is essential to keep yourself safe and that you know when they cross the line. 

@Jezz23 I got a good one, we did see each other face to face and every concern we have ever had in the past was addressed and now we dont argue as much and for as long because of that so I am all for face to face Smiley Happy Thank you

this one breaks my heart a little @ruenhonx !

I think that we can do this for a whole bunch of reasons. maybe we're scared we won't find someone else that cares about us, or maybe we think it's normal to be treated badly or that all relationships are like that. sometimes it takes someone else to tell you that you're in a bad relationship, and even then, it can be hard to accept if you really don't want to believe it. 

Nah, it went far far behind compromise and forgiving and thats when that trying to leave but can't thing comes into play. The amount of times mum wanted to pack up and leave with us kids is way too high, but you know it's nowhere near as it easy as it seems. But I do agree @Myvo 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//