cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] We can all have healthy relationships!

Welcome to tonight's chat @delicatedreamer ! Yup, mutual understanding is also important. It's good for both people to be on the same page. 

Hey everyone

I'll have to keep an eye on myself with this session but hopefully things will be all good.

To me, a healthy relationship is all about respect and trust. It is being honest with each other and praising instead of putting down. It is about respecting someones right to say no, and sorting out your differences in a civil manner. It also means that you don't restrict what a person can do or stop them from seeing the people they love.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Love is a tricky one though because you don't have to love your co-workers but I think love can be treating others the way you want them to treat you. What do you guys think?

1. Having a healthy relationship with someone is pretty important. But we may all have different perspectives on what a healthy relationship is. So, in your own words, what is a healthy relationship?

A healthy relationship is build around trust, and support, as well equality. As much as honest is an important element in a healthy relationship so is trust - if can't trust your partner there's a big problem brewing right there.... 

Support is pretty significant to me too, yeah sure there are some things you can't tell anyone or you chose not to tell anyone, but support from your partner is pretty vital on the things that you do tell them. I value the support from my partner and I'm the right  there offering supporting when she needs it, but in saying support isn't just in tought times, it's all the time, you know the support after a long day at work all that sort of thing. 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Hey @stonepixie thank you for coming, I understand this topic can be sensitive for you and it is definitely important to watch how you feel during it. Take care of yourself Smiley Happy

Hey @stonepixie . Great to see you here tonight! All good with self-care! 

Absolutely. Dealing with difficulties in a civil manner is much better than doing it in a negative way. Restricting another from seeing the people they love is also another side of relationships that I almost forgot about. That's definitely a boundary that can be crossed. 

I agree about support @j95 you want to be someone who your partner can rely on and vice versa.

@ruenhonx Yup, I agree. I think that even if you don't like the people you're working with, you can show respect by still being kind. Even if it can be hard to do that sometimes when they drive you up the wall!

@j95 Oh yes, support is a HUUUUGGGGEE quality in what makes a healthy relationship. There's no other feeling than knowing that someone's got your back, during the good and bad times. 

Yeah I agree with you @Ruenhonx, love doesn't just have to refer to romantic love and I think that treating others the way you want to be treated is one aspect of it.

So much healthy vibes coming from this so far loving it Smiley Happy 

Whether it is healthy or unhealthy, how does the state of your relationship affect you, or the person that you’re with?  What are some signs that you recognise?