cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] We can all have healthy relationships!

Whether it is healthy or unhealthy, how does the state of your relationship affect you, or the person that you’re with?  What are some signs that you recognise?

I think that if the relationship is unhealthy you might feel insecure in the relationship, feel frustrated at the person/state of the relationship, or stressed as a result of the relationship. These sorts of things could cause more conflict in the relationship. On the flipside, if it's a healthy relationship it might help you to feel more confident in yourself and manage tasks/life better as you have someone to talk to about things and share the load with.

A healthy relationship can make you happy and feel supported. It makes life so much easier knowing that there is someone there for you.

An unhealthy relationship on the other hand can leave you feeling down, like you are not good enough and can destroy your self-esteem.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Whether it is healthy or unhealthy, how does the state of your relationship affect you, or the person that you’re with?  What are some signs that you recognise?

It's so interesting how relationships can affect us. I think that a healthy relationship makes a healthy you and the other person healthy too! I believe that if everyone's on the same page, we'd have a mutual understanding and that there's less fuss and stress to deal with. An unhealthy relationship, however, can cause those who are involved to be fearful, grumpy, avoidant, sad or a horrible combination of all of them Smiley Indifferent 

Whether it is healthy or unhealthy, how does the state of your relationship affect you, or the person that you’re with? What are some signs that you recognise?

A thing to highlight for me in an unhealthy relationship is feeling vulnerable, obviously I'm no relationship expert but thats a pretty X. 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

But yeah in saying that a healthy relationship can make you feel confident, capable, cared about and trusted. 

@j95 Vulnerability is a pretty big X indeed. It can make you feel really exhausted too. 

I agree with you all unhealthy relationships can make you feel like you are on the edge about to fall or in a fast car without a seat belt where as a healthy relationship is like you are floating on a cloud and always laughing.

@ruenhonx Lol, I love these descriptions! Smiley Very Happy

hahaha @ruenhonx i love that - so true

Hey everybody! 

Not overly experienced with romantic relationships personally, but others yes. 

I think respect and understanding are my important factors. Relationships are about TWO people, so egocentric-ness won't go down, I believe that is the fundamental aspect to be established