cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] We can all have healthy relationships!

Hey everyone!

I think one of the most important things people can do in a relationship is help each other out but avoid depending on each other. It's unhealthy to expect a relationship to complete you but rather, it should add to the quality of your life. A healthy relationship should also be a two-way street and no one is committing more to the relationship than the other. Smiley Happy

Here's our next question!

We have all sorts of relationships with different people – partners, friends, family, or colleagues. What are some tips in keeping a good relationship?

I think that it's important to keep calm, respect another's opinions, not being imposing with your own beliefs, being able to compromise, learning from mistakes, and being forgiving. 

Hey @OrangeOliver Smiley Happy

I definitely agree, its like a stubborn bull against a stubborn bull, they wont get anywhere peaceful.

Hey @Student94

Yes absolutely. I think lots of people have that problem where the relationship is your life and when it ends it just completely crushes you.

Pretty much all of what @Myvo said. You've just got to respect peoples boundaries and always try and get along. Put your differences to the side for the greater good. I'm talking about colleagues there. There is nothing more stressful than a workplace bully.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

We have all sorts of relationships with different people – partners, friends, family, or colleagues. What are some tips in keeping a good relationship?

I agree with the ideas shared so far - keeping your cool, respecting other peoples opinions but also not letting yourself get walked all over. I know that I work with somebody who has been talking down to me and treating me like I child, but I was able to confront this person in a non horrible way - so I wasn't really in the wrong by what I did, because I respected the person while I did it. Just let them know I wasn't comfortable being treated like that. I do understand that it can be A LOT harder than that especially when you start digging into the bullying/violence stuff which is pretty horrible. 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Keep an open dialogue, respect the other person and their values and beliefs, listen to them (don't just do all of the talking), be prepared to compromise... But also be assertive and respect yourself and your rights in the relationship too.

Hey @Student94 ! Welcome to tonight's chat! Smiley Very Happy

That's a great point. It really is all about having a bit of both in a relationship. 

I guess you could say it's all about...moderation. Badum-tssss~
(Yes, I'm here all week!)

We have to nurture the relationship. It is like a plant and you have to water it and give it some sunshine but not too much otherwise you end up drowning it. So keeping in contact, being kind even in disagreements, communicating happy or not, and learning to get to know people and listen to what they are going through and vice versa

Hi all!

I think being open is really important as well. From what I've experienced it helps with building trust and respect, and you can also learn a lot from others when they are as open with you as you are with them