cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] We can all have healthy relationships!

@ruenhonx Could they be coming from deep within your soul? It flourishes - just like a flower Smiley Tongue

When you feel uncomfortable in a relationship (i.e. romantic, platonic or professional), how would you deal with the situation?

I went through a rather toxic friendship for a while, and in the end I ended up completely alienating this friend and walking on eggshells around her for a while. From that I would say I would try and be honest, but obviously without being mean and remembering that the other person (or people) have feelings too

When you feel uncomfortable in a relationship (i.e. romantic, platonic or professional), how would you deal with the situation?

This is definitely a tricky one as I really don't like confrontation or difficult situations. I often try to think through the situation and the best way to approach it. I then talk through with the person how I'm feeling and why I'm feeling that way. Often I rehearse what I'm initially going to say. Sometimes I may even talk about the situation first with someone else before I talk to the other person about it. I try to be as calm and open as possible whilst talking to them.

Oh man. Confronting someone can be really challenging and nerve-wrecking. I've had moments where I keep switching between chickening out or just throwing my cares to the wind to just do it. It's important to keep calm and think before you speak, to ensure that it goes smoothly. But sometimes, we've got to give it a shot and see what happens! 

I have never been in a romantic relationship, but my general strategy in my platonic and professional relationships is to either ignore it or distance myself from the person (not a good strategy I know!). Sometimes in my professional relationships I have been forced to confront it though, and it usually works about okay, even though it is awkward and difficult at the time.

Sorry guys, but I think I'm going to have to call it a night. Thanks for the chat everyone.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

I agree @benjamin_ I find it so difficult too, I hate conflict but I hate to be upset and passive aggressive more so I'd rather get it off my chest.

@Myvo maybe its just working with you brings it out of me, you are awesome Smiley Happy

@safari93 yes that kinda stuff sucks having to hide from someone and lie all the time to get out of stuff.

Should, coulda, woulda, you can say yeah I would do this in a relationship but whos say you will actually do it?? Pressures from the other side of the relationship could force you to continue being there among other things

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@delicatedreamer  I know what you mean about professional relationships. I find them more awkward because I have to keep seeing the person everyday at work Lol. I tend to dislike confrontation but sometimes it really pays off

Thanks for coming @stonepixie you are amazing. Have a goodnight