cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] We can all have healthy relationships!

@safari93 I can definitely relate. It's so hard to side-step around too and think about how to approach someone about it. 

@delicatedreamer Awesome with self-care! Distancing yourself is also another way of dealing with it too - it does give you some time to think about and figure out. 

Have a good sleep @stonepixie 

No problemo @stonepixie ! Thanks for joining us and have a good night! Smiley Happy

@benjamin_ wrote:

@delicatedreamer  I know what you mean about professional relationships. I find them more awkward because I have to keep seeing the person everyday at work Lol. I tend to dislike confrontation but sometimes it really pays off

Yeah, it can pay off if you have that conversation, and it is quite important because you have to see the person everyday. But yeah like you said it could get awkward if the conversation doesn't go how you planned!

great point @ruenhonx 

Sometimes I find that if I don't confront issues with people, I end up giving them attitude without realising it! I think that regardless of how things turn out and how the person responds, it always feels good to just get things off your chest. 

Our next question...

How do you know if you’re in a toxic relationship?

@Myvo: That's true, I hadn't thought of that before. Distancing myself is a way to give myself time to think and that is good. Just not letting it go on too long is the tricky thing.

@benjamin_ I've seen that happen with my relationships with others as well. It's pretty difficult to hide when you have to interact with them regularly

Sometimes when I'm grumpy I say things I shouldn't, so I usually try and calm down and revisit the situation another time, have a think about it - is it right that i say this? what might happen? will it really make things better? is there consequences/ are they worth it?

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

When you feel uncomfortable in a relationship (i.e. romantic, platonic or professional), how would you deal with the situation?

I would definitely aim to meet with the person face to face, as soon as possible. Even though i might feel nervous broaching the subject, i think it is important in a trusting relationship to do so. I find these days i more easily bring the topic up. I have learned to express my needs more. Actually, i can't just 'let it slide'! My relationships are important to me!

I think the other person has just as much right to dignity and to feel safe and trusted in the relationship.

I hope this strengthens my relationships actually, even though confronting issues is a difficult thing to do.