cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] We like to party

Have you ever felt pressured into drinking ? If so how did you deal with the situation? what would you have done differently 

I started drinking quite a bit later than most, so I didn't get pressured in a straightforward way, but I was pressured to 'prove myself' in a way, to try and reach my limits. It was for a very short period of time, but I learned a lot from it

Those gigs are good fun - not just as an audience either, playing in them is funner! 

Have you ever felt pressured into drinking ? If so how did you deal with the situation? what would you have done differently

I remember when I was like 16, I went to a party and everybody was drinking and I had nobody to buy it for me so a friend gave me his ID (he was also underage and had a fakie). Was quite proud of myself. Wasn't worth the trouble I got in from a lot of people though. 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

yeh its hard - you get alot of flack for not drinking 

I remember at school i was considered such a loser for not drinking. But i was so scared the police would arrest me - i have NO IDEA WHY! haha. i just couldnt drink until i turned 18 

Have you ever felt pressured into drinking ? If so how did you deal with the situation? what would you have done differently 

I never really felt pressured i guess but i always felt like i should have a drink in my hand because everyone else was costantly drinking throughout the night. Taking breaks from drinking and going for a boogie always helps cos who wants to dance with a drink in their hand? it's way too hard 

I totally agree with you @FItzChivalry on the friendship thing! If they are your true friends, they would understand if you don't want to be doing something, and would hopefully not be pressuring you to do something in the first place! 

@j95 Ah the old fakie... those were the days... One thing I regret is borrowing my brothers ID when I was underage. If I had have waited until I was 18 (or even older) I definitely think I would have gained a lot more respect for alcohol earlier on in life.

I totally get that @EloiseRose!

Although my issue is with j-walking. I just CAN'T do it. Drinking underage? Fine with me. J-walking? NO WAY - THE POLICE WILL CATCH ME AND LOCK ME UP FOREVERRR

@j95  why you get in trouble for using the ID?

Fitz- Places in glen waverley stay open pretty good time. on a night like this i think around 10.  a girl who use to finish work at a cafe at a around 2:00am......maybe it closed up earlier tho

Interesting stories guys!

Some parties can definitely head south pretty quickly, *cough* cory whatever his last name was *cough* so, What kind of things can make a great night out turn sour?

@Troy Because I wasn't supposed to be drinking so I did two things wrong - illegally bought alcohol and was told I wasn't allowed to drink haha 

But to be honest if I hadnt of bought my own I would of had something someone else provided and who knows what it could of been 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//