Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] We like to party

I do love gigs @jvkn 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@EloiseRose YES definitely gigs, I love checking out local bands Smiley Happy

@florenceforever
I haven't either... maybe ill try find it!
and use it and get kicked out of my building for noise pollution haha

Haha sounds likes a good idea @EloiseRose!

Gigs are the BEST! Quite a few of my friends have played gigs at local pubs around Hobart, and I love going to watch and support them! Smiley Very Happy 

@FItzChivalry  wow 6pm so early! im meeting friends tonight at 9pm for coffee Smiley Happy #melbournelyf 

-HAHA  sounds awesome I need to do that these holidays for sure!!!

Im so glad you guys love gigs as much as me... so back to a more serious question 

Have you ever felt pressured into drinking ? If so how did you deal with the situation? what would you have done differently 

@Troy Where are these 9pm cafes??? In the actual CBD?

Have you ever felt pressured into drinking ? If so how did you deal with the situation? what would you have done differently 

Yep, I definitely did when I was younger, and smoke too. I gave in, I really didn't want to, but I didn't want to be ostracised either. I'm a much stronger person now, and would easily say no if I wanted to. I don't quite know what I would have done differently... Ideas anyone!? I remember one time I said I felt sick and shouldn't be drinking, that seemed to work!

There are so many places open late for coffees in Melbourne! Lygon street has heaps, Baci at Crown, Brunetti are a few that come to mind @FItzChivalry 

@EloiseRose Thanks!

I definitely used to feel pressured into drinking. I guess I still do from time to time, I have a certain circle of friends that are heavy drinkers and whenever I hang out with them it's very very hard to avoid drinking. I guess what's changed is that I'm more comfortable with myself and having the strength to say no. Most of the time if you are honest and upfront with people that you genuinely don't want to drink or have had enough then if they really are your mates they should understand, if not then they're probably not great mates to have anyway