cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] What are little boys made of?

OMG exposed text messages, who doesnt love that @stonepixie

Time for the next question!

Now that we’ve established that expecting people to behave traditionally “like a girl” or “like a boy” all the time is kind of ridiculous, what do you think we can do to combat it?

Just be who we are and call out gender stereotypes whenever we see them.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Now that we’ve established that expecting people to behave traditionally “like a girl” or “like a boy” all the time is kind of ridiculous, what do you think we can do to combat it?

Start young, we need to educate young people, I mean children that it is okay to cry, it is okay to work in whatever job you want, it is okay to cook and clean, it is okay to play with whatever you want to play with. Parents should also be educated in what the implications are of trying to pressure their children into this boxes they dont want to fit into. 

@ruenhonx totally agree, education (especially for young people) is vital!

I think social media campaigns like the youtube video I mentioned before are a really good way to introduce a shift in perception Smiley Happy

@stonepixie yep I agree calling it out as it is. I think many of us including me just dont because I dont want to argue or fight with anyone but we really should not be bystanders and let people walk around unchallenged.

@stonepixie Calling people out is a definite must. I don't always have the courage to speak up about it and can just sort of silently stew about it, but I'm trying to get better at it Smiley Happy

I think it is just easier for me because of my activism background. Smiley Happy And what better way to combat your social anxiety Smiley Tongue

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@FItzChivalry Yes, social media is such a good tool! Damned be the people who call social media activism "slackivism" Smiley Tongue