cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What do you believe?

This is not really relevant but all this reminds me of one of my favourite episodes of criminal minds called Minimal Loss in Season 4 where a libertarian ranch is taken over by a religious guy who twists them all into believing too. And then the leader says to Dr Reid, "If God wanted me to stop, he would've sent me a sign" or something like that and then he is shot and Dr Reid replies "He just did."

Not really relevant but still awesome because Dr Reid is awesome. Robot Very Happy
Highlighted

hahaha nice one @N1ghtW1ng 

thats a very good quality to have believing in second chances and forgiving!!!! its important to have @Bee 

How does your religion or beliefs impact your everyday life and the decisions you make?

@KDSyd: I totally agree! The core teachings of religion seem to boil down to the same thing- love thy neighbour Smiley Happy

@michine
with understanding ... i think thats a great way to live and to understand religion!!

@m-y93
i love New girl and i remember her saying once
" Second chances are my second favourite chance!" and it stuck with me

Last question for the night 

How has your religion helped you deal with a bad experience?

It hasn't. Really it's just created bad experiences...

What does religion mean to me?

Going to a friend's service about a year ago changed the way i think about that actually (I'm fairly conservative & she by contrast is in a more evangelical community) - it's about your relationship with God. I think a few people go to church & get caught up in all the rituals & traditions & stuff (which are good in their own way!!) but I think it's more about getting out there & helping people, being kind to each other & treating people as you would like to be treated. I'm not saying I'm perfect at this, I'm human after all, but it's something I strive for every day & it gives me meaning in life. Smiley Happy)

Not that i've had many deaths, I find religion provides a support network and wayos of coping through spiritual texts to dealing with death and grief in general.

Also, the sense that there's always someone/something there watching over you (whether it be God or Mother Nature) is quiet comforting. Plus, on a more human level, there's always priests/ministers etc inside churchs who are always willing to listen - that has to be a good thing.