cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What do you believe?

Religion in general has guided me through various bad experiences from deaths to failing exams and losing friends. I can always count on it and have something to lean on, it's very important in my life and I'm grateful to have it. 

Highlighted

How has your religion helped you deal with a bad experience?

for me its given me hope! and a new lighteness in the way i live. 

Its also helped me to make friends... its helped me dealing with death of family members 

@kittycat23 hey it's great to see you around again Robot Happy glad you could join us. That's where spirituality comes in, getting out there, helping people, kindness all those kinds of things are more morals and don't need a religion to be shaped off of. They come from a persons heart and their internal beliefs whatever it is.

Sorry to hear that N1ghtw1ing.

It's provided comfort in some of the dark times, when family members have been near the brink to bring some meaning to life that there is something more.

@kittycat23
Thanks for joining tonight !!!

@michine but I have my spirituality. My morals and ethics and internal beliefs that have shaped the way I live. For me, I don't need a religion to follow or believe in because I have enough support(can't think of the right word...), more than enough from other sources like my shows, books, writing, other experiences. My ideals.

religion works in different ways for others which makes it so unique and powerful 

To sum up thank you all for joining our session on religion. I hope this has allowed you to reflect on your religion and beliefs whatever they might be. I think we have all appreciated that others have different faiths and ways of practicing their belief. We all in some form have been faced with conflict due to our beliefs or non-beliefs contradicting others.

Its important to realize that in life people wont always see eye-to-eye therefore you should be a strong advocate for what you believe. In Australia religion isn’t pressured on everyone but unfortunately sometimes we feel pressure from family members to follow a specific creed or belief. As we grow to become our own people with our own beliefs we develop into who we want to be. It impacts all we do without any knowledge or realization that it is influencing our decision.

Religion guides and helps people not only through tough times but the good times also which makes spirituality more alluring.  On a human level it provides coping mechanisms and the ability to help others regardless of whether you share common beliefs. It was a very great session and quite deep. Thank you again for joining and hoped you enjoyed tonight!

Though I may not be as religious now, like KDSyd, it had helped me a few years ago when I lost my grandparents. I liked the idea of my granparents being in heaven – a better place in the clouds, I guess – where they could look over and guide us through our lives.

Thanks so much for jumping on tonight guys!!!

Its been a really positive convertsation and i have been really inspired by some of your stories! 

I will be taking the things you have said on board and really thinking about them while im living out my own religion and spirirtuality!!! 

thank you for being supportive