cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What do you believe?

Mosty negative as Aussie is the least religious country in the world.

@in_the_clouds
No worries thanks for joining better late then never. Good on you for standing your ground though!!!! Im glad you had the strength

I think in Australia religion is a very open subject, although it is not often spoken about it does somehow envitably impact politicians view on various sensitive topics. Thankfully though Australia is a country that allows freedom of religion which is an amazing right to have 

I am Christian, but religion isn't something I follow. I believe there is a God, and I have very strong faith, but I also believe that he never meant for us to confine ourselves to set rules and punish ourselves if those rules are broken.

I truly think that God wants us to approach him with an open mind and heart, not in fear or worry of religious constraints.

Next question: What impact does the media and politics have on religion in australia?

i think the media has more of an impact on religions from around the world than in our own backyard!! 

How does your religion or beliefs impact your everyday life and the decisions you make?

What impact does the media and politics have on religion in australia?
I don't really know. I do think however it's less 'cool' (?) or whatever to partake and practice religion. I know when I was about 13 I felt like being religious was taboo at my school.. It was a public school, and I've since found out of more of my peers who are religious in someway! I guess it could have been my insecurities...

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

I think everyday we make decision and do things not knowing that your religion is impacting you. I know this is also very true for alot of people 

@CaraLouise hello and welcome to ReachOut! Clearly you are awesome Robot Happy That's two new people both joining at the same time as a GR session. I hope you stick around, it'd be awesome to see you (And @KDSyd )
It's great that you have such strong beliefs that you are proud of.

I agree with m-y93, Australia has great religious freedom, which is reflected in the public policies.

On the otherhand the media, I think anyway, instills a lot of animosity towards some religions, especially the Islamic faith which makes us, as a society, somewhat more fearful and close minded.