cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What do you believe?

How does your religion or beliefs impact your everyday life and the decisions you make?
At school, when we have to do religious things. This is something we are forced to do and for those who don't really believe, me, I find ways to avoid it. I respect them and won't intrude (unless we are having a class discussion then I will openly voice my opinions.) because that would be wrong and would be me forcing my beliefs (or lack of) onto them.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

How does your religion or beliefs impact your everyday life and the decisions you make?

i try to lead a good life and do the right thing and help out when i can. i really try to lead a good life and live by what im taught and have learnt. and to share that love with others. 

@michine the animosity is stemmed from rumors and such. If people really want to believe that a particular faith is bad or wrong then they should have more reason than because something they read or heard in the media. If it is through personal experience then their dislike is understandable but this dislike should not be forced upon all of the faith if only a small few committed the act against you.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

thats very true @N1ghtW1ng  you should belief what you want regardless of what others think!!!!!!

I guess with my beliefs I believe in forgiveness and second chances, I always try to see the good in people, not the bad.
I do also believe that if something doesn't happen the way I want it is "god's" doing eg with my job hunting I have looked at it as not finding the job that is right for me yet...

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@N1ghtW1ng
you have a great attitude about this ! maintain your stance and your views but also let others have theirs !!

@m-y93 exactly. People should do their research before blindly believing and supporting the claims of the media because while there may be some truth behind what they say, some of the time these truths are twisted around to make the 'story' more interesting for the public and these twists turn into lies and rumors that can ruin people.

@CaraLouise
Hey thanks for jumping on! You have made some awesome points and from a strong place.

The core foundation of both Christianity and Buddhism is about mutual respect and support for your fellow man and ultimately making the world a better place.

I take these beliefs and try to make myself the best person I can be. 

@N1ghtw1ing: Good point, the onus should be on the individuals not to judge rashly or to prejudice an entire group. However, I think that although that is how we should all act - with understanding and truth seeking intentions- we
can be swayed by the media, consciously or not, when it is something that constantly bombards us over a long period of time.