cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What do you believe?

Thats an intersting comment  @m-y93 

that idea that religion can solve some problems... pretty cool idea!!!

something that is so old can still help these days 

@N1ghtW1ng
Yeh it can be really hard even just in your own family when there are people who believe different things and also the strength of those beliefs

@EloiseRose To be totally honest? Religion doesn't mean too much me. I was baptised and all that stuff but really, that was to appease my nanne. People can believe in whatever they want to believe (or not) believe in as long as they don't try to force their beliefs onto me.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

ive grown up in a devoted catholic household and i would have it no other way, it's really shaped me and the person i am! 

Hi guys! please forgive my typos, im on my mobile. couldnt miss out on tonights talk!
i dont really have a religion, but i see religion as faith. im more of a person who sees god as a person who can change and create things, and that we, humans are god. we change and develop things. i rely on myself usually for confidence, no one else. personally, im a little scared of religion as when i was a child, a church tried to manipulate me to their religion. if religion makes a person do good things, im happy however i dont tolerate eligion being a excuse to do things or when people use their beliefs on me. for example, i was studying for a test and someone told me not to worry as half of my test mark would be gods doing. i dont understand that guy but i still kinda want to punch him in the face for saying that.

Cool ! 

@m-y93 

I didnt at all... but since my boyfriend has opened my eyes to his community and his beliefs its been a really nice for me. It turns out i was pretty much follwoing the christian values i just didnt really know so that was good.

For some people though it can save them from addictions and crime. however i understand that it can also cause harm when a set of believes are taken very literally 

@Rain YAAAAY!!!! I'm so happy that you made it!
Sometimes when people say things to you about God the best thing to do is just smile and ignore them.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

hey @Rain 

Thanks for jumpinng on.. we will forgive you for the typos Smiley Wink thanks for the committment 

i really agree with what you are saying !! the idea that it can help people do good but it cant be an excuse for doing bad! 

There is an overarching idea that some things are left up to the unknown but i can see how that guys comment would have been mega frustraiting!! i am the master of my own destiny and ill study as hard as i want thank you very much Smiley Wink

hey @Rain thanks for joining tonight thats very nice what you said some good points 

alrighty next up what is your experience of religion/spirituality?