cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What do you believe?

welcome kdsyd, great to have you aboard :}

eloiserose, yeah its really frustrating when people start ivnading your personal space in the name of god. some people begin to go too deep into religion and start thinking they are god {but they wont admit that}.

nightwing, i know how you feel. i was raised to believe in buddist but i personally dont believe in god. i once had a church lady read out the bible with me and a bunch of kids about how if we didnt believe in god, we go to hell. really freaked me out and after that, i got afraid of really religionous people.

although im scared of religion, i am really interested to understand different religions a bit more.

Some really great stories coming out!

Here is the next question which some people have mentioned as part of thier expereinces... Schoool

Should religious teachings be included in the school curriculum?

@Rain Some really religious people can be okay. They'll accept that you don't believe but they will still talk about their beliefs but some people will talk about their religion in a way that sounds like it is the truth and everything else is wrong. Those people you just need to ignore.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Here I go....
In non-catholic schools there should be an optional class of Religion Studies so that people who want to know and study religion have that option in non-catholic schools. However, in catholic schools (or other religions) religion should be either optional or compulsory for year 8 to 9, perhaps even year 10 in some schools. But it should be optional for the senior years of 11 and 12 because these years are really important and precious class time is taken up doing religion then that is just wrong and unfair.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

According to the religion of the school i think it's important but if it is not a religious school it shouldn't be implemented for policitical reasons 

@N1ghtW1ng thats a great response! definintely agree well said 

personally, i think no. child should grow up in a neutruel environment where they can choose instead of parents putting their beliefs on them. i do not believe children should be seen as a adults property, but as more of a responsibility, (by property i mean that they have to follow their parents way of life)

if religious schools, of course but like nightwing said, certain years should be choice,

if we remove choice of religion in our public system, it discourages parents. its okay if its in high school, but certainly not below. kids believe everything theyre told whilst teens can decide with common sense. i hope im making sese here, hahaha

@nightwing {sorry i dont type your name properly} yeah, i agree.

I think that teaching religion from a historical and cultural standpoint (so as not to clash with religion) would promote future generations of tolerance and cultural harmony.

If we learnt more about beliefs of different cultures and more about our own (Australia/Britian/Ireland were after all built on Christian values) not only would history subjects make more sense (e.g. Wars stemed from Religion) but interacting with other people of different beliefs (such as Muslims) would also be easier. I remember as a kid, not fully understanding why the Muslim kids weren't allowed to eat for part of the year - nobody really told us, either.

For me, "religion" as a subject doesn't have to replace science... the two are mutually exclusive. 

Ahh thats such a tough a question!! 

I think religious school should have the religion they are founded on! But if the school isnt religious then they should have religion as a compulsory subject 

thats a really good point kdsyd. Smiley Happy