cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What do you believe?

Social media plays such a big part in everything nowadays. It influences a lot of what other people think and believe in because the 'trending' stuff is, in theory popular. So if something like anti-religion is 'trending' then more people will think anti-religion. In theory.

Personally I enjoyed learning about religion so I've never felt it pressured on me and greatful my parents brought me up in an environment where I had to belief what they did, rather I chose to

Have you ever felt religion has been pressured on you?

a lil bit by my boyfriend at the start but thats it! 

My family was the total opposite... my dad is an atheist 

Should religious teachings be included in the school curriculum?
Yes I do, however I think it was different to what I had! In primary I had weekly scripture lessons, which were done in church groups. Which is good because you went to something that was the same or very similar to your religious beliefs your parents were instilling, my school also had a non-religious group and they had their own activities which was cool.
In high school I had scripture about 3 times in 6 years. Which is all a big blur now! lol
I do think it'd be cool if schools taught ABOUT different religions and explained them. It'd be something I'd like to see.

Edit: With that it should always be OPTIONAL to attend religious classes. Not everyone wants to learn about them ect.

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Oh my golly gosh YES! As I've mentioned a lot, my nanne has been the main pressure of religion on me. My youth ministry (a certificate in religious something) teacher is very into it which can be slightly annoying because I am not as interested and I don't think she understands.

Lucky for, I can say no it hasn't. I do see how often, though, religious people have no room for improvement and have no interest with rationally debating criticism all the while reminding people of how wrong they are. 

I suppose, the one time I could say I came close to being pressured was by a group of scientologists while I was a spritually "lost" and they obviously picked up on this. Found it very hard to get away from them. 

My parents are quite devout Buddhists and sometimes do put some pressure on myself and my siblings to adhere. But, to be honest I don't think it is something that can be forced, you believe or you don't...

thats unfortunate to hear @N1ghtW1ng  hopefully you are at a better place in your life now and control what you belief 

@KDSyd religious groups have a way of sticking close to you.

very good point @michine