cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What do you believe?

hi michine and bee! welcome Smiley Happy

the only time i ever felt pressured was when the lady read the bible to me. it was freaky.

leo, theres been some talk going around that the bible actually never mentions gay as a sin. you might be interested in looking at that up Smiley Happy

nightwing brings a really good point. i have rarely heard anything about religion doing good (rare cases like that pope whom hugged a msn) until today.

@michine
Good point you do believe or you don't !!!

@m-y93 I don't know what I believe in to be honest, but I hope that my nanne has accepted that I don't believe in her god like she does.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@Rain because I go to a religious school, I hear about all the good things that religious people have done But none of it sticks because of the way it has come across.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

how do you practice your religious/ spiritual affiliation?
like others, I rarely go to church, mainly because we no longer have a permanent minister, and I don't like the people there... But I Attend to funeral /weddings /confirmation /baptism ect.

Whether a believer or non-believer have you ever found yourself in a situation where your values are being threatened?
I don't think so...

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Have you ever felt religion has been pressured on you?

You can imagine what kind of inner turmoil I was having once I'd realised that I was – am –  gay. I remember this one time we were coming home from church, my mum asked (and I knew it was coming since the priest had spoken about it in the homily), "What do you think of gays getting married?" I said they should be allowed to and yada yada yada – I stood my ground despite mum's gasps and scoffs. As expected, she had a fit, asking me if I was listening at all. So, yes, I've definitely felt religion pressured on me.

(Hi all, btw! Sorry I'm late to this party Smiley Happy )

Next question: What impact does the media and politics have on religion in australia?

@nightwing

yeah, its really annoying how society biases to get you on their side. they never look at both sides, only one.

Have you ever felt religion has been pressured on you?
A little, I don't really pay much attention.. lol

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

What impact does the media and politics have on religion in australia?
People who hold certain people in the media and politics highly will follow them however it all depends on what's 'trending' I guess.