cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CHAT] What holds you back?

"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not"

Confidence is having a belief in yourself and what you are capable of. Although it’s all in our heads, confidence and be brought on by a lot of things; wearing a particular thing, being with certain people, feeling motivated and excited or sometimes just having a trinket with you… for me, it’s my lucky elephant, which I’ve taken on stage with me when I sing or play music.

Sometimes, though, we can have low self-confidence, that’s ok, it happens to everyone….. but that doesn’t make it suck any less. There are ways around it though,

How can we challenge this?

What makes us confident? Is it different for everyone? Join us at on Monday, 7th July, 8pm AEST to find out!!!

See you then!!

Re: [CHAT] What holds you back?

Hey everyone and welcome to tonight's GR sesh!

Tonight's chat is all about self confidence!! Whether you got it, or you don't, this is the place to be, I can't wait to hear all the stories, tips and answers you have to share. @Chonty and I will be running this one, sooooo get keen Smiley Tongue

I think this will be a really awesome chat that we can all take something from, so make sure you get amongst it!! Just keep in mind that we want this to be a safe and fun chat, so make sure you abide by the forum guidelines, If you feel upset or uncomfortable by any of the posts, check out the emergency help tab in the top right hand corner.

So, let's get this party started!

Think of someone who you consider to be really confident most of the time. Tell us about them, what makes you think they are confident?

Woo! Welcome everyone

Think of someone who you consider to be really confident most of the time. Tell us about them, what makes you think they are confident?

One of my best friends actually. She always seems to know what she wants to do and how she's going to do it. It helps that I can mooch some of her confidence off her :3

Hey @dreamcatcher!

I think they have good self-esteem, believe that they are the best and that they are funny. They generally don't give a crap about what others think about them (probably comes from their awesome self-esteem). They are comfortable in the skin they are in and think they look great. 

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

hey @stonepixie 

Good point, not being bothered so much about what people think about you (to an extent!) is pretty key to being self-confident I reckon

Hey @Chonty!

@N1ghtW1ng this is your reminder that GR is on. Cat Happy 

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

I'm learning. I found that I am most confident when I talk to myself in a positive manner. It has the ability to change my entire mood.

Welcome, @stonepixie !

It's great to have you here tonight!

That's a really good view on what a self confident person is!

Hmm, I think one of my good friends at college. She’s brilliant! She has so many extra jobs at college and handles herself so well. She talks passionately about the things she loves and loves what she does and studies and I really aspire to be like her. She's just awesomely assertive and I just love being around her and her good vibes Smiley Very Happy

@stonepixie that was the perfect segway into the what is self talk RO fact shee!