cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] What holds you back?

Sometimes when you're confident it can feel like nothing can go wrong with your day! It's a pretty swish feeling

@Chonty wrote:

Sometimes when you're confident it can feel like nothing can go wrong with your day! It's a pretty swish feeling

That it is, @ChontyCat Very Happy 

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

BTW @dreamcatcher, I love the videos in the introduction post! Cat Happy 

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@Chonty wrote:

I agree 110%!!!!

Next question!!

When was a time in your life you were NOT confident? What caused that to happen?

When was a time in your life you were NOT confident? What caused that to happen?

Starting uni! I've been out of school for a couple of years so I'm considered a 'mature aged' student. I felt weirdly out of place and scared of all the school leavers haha :<

Definitely giving my mid-year seminar. It wasn't great at all. My supervisor wasn't even in the country when I had to give it, we were in the middle of moving offices / buildings. I had just finished writing my literature review and hadn't had the time to practice me speech. Not to mention, my mental health wasn't all crash hot and it was getting worse every day. And nothing I was presenting on made sense to me. I had an anxiety attack during the middle of it, but I pushed on. I couldn't answer any questions ask as I couldn't remember anything as I was still in my attack. Cat Sad It well and truly sucks to have G.A.D.

I used  to really lack confidence in big exams. I used to talk myself down something shocking and work myself up into a panic and really crappy mood. I'd tell myself things like 'you're going to fail anyway' and 'not even worth doing', etc. It reallly inpacked my scores, actually... 

BUT

After working on confidence building with the school youth worker (and, obviously a bit of study), I turned my 48% exam mark in biology, to a 83% (that was just for one class). Imagine how happy I was after that #happyending

Aargh @stonepixie that doesn't sound fun at all! 

Kudo's to you for pushing throug to the end though, that would have taken a fair bit of guts :]

@dreamcatcher 83% is freaking awesome!