cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] What holds you back?

Thanks @Chonty. Cat Happy My mouth was so dry by the end of it, you could have used my tongue to sand wood. It crushed me bad, when someone in my group came up to me and said "You should have came to me for help." (Back in the day when I didn't practice positive self talk)  

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@stonepixie  I agree with @Chonty , excellent work on pushing through!!! Sounds like it was quite the struggle!

I'm just glad that it didn't count towards anything!

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

Next question!

When something does kill your self confidence and how do you overcome that?

The first time I go anywhere, I always lack confidence.

Positive self-talk! Booyeah. Also, if it's confidence when it comes to something you have to do, maybe making a list of why you're going to ace it so you can refer back to it when times are loow

Just keep pushing through it. Cat Very Happy I talk myself up!

I think, when it comes to confidence, I am my own worst enemy. I can have people around me telling me that I'm not good enough, but as soon as I take that on board and start telling myself that, that's when it has the greatest impact. And it's a pretty hard thing to break out of, that dreaded negative self talk.

But I can say that with practice at challenging that self talk and thinking happy things (as silly as that may sound), it gets a lot easier. Surronding myself with good, positive things and remembering (sometimes) what I have overcome, really perks me up Smiley Happy

@stonepixie and that can sometimes be the pits! The first day you go to something new is usually the day everyone teams up and makes new friends, so by the time you're more comfortable you have to work your way into a group :<

(I find, anyway)

@dreamcatcher one of the best things I've ever heard is from the comedian Carl Baron. He said something like "If you're ever in a bad moon, spin on the spot. How can you ever stay upset when you twirl!?"

You're thinking happy things just reminded me of that :3