cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] What holds you back?

@stonepixie wrote:

I'm bad when it comes to comparing myself to others doing my course. I tend to think that I am not as smart as them and no way could I compete with them. But then I tell myself that I myself must be smart to be doing what I am doing and that it isn't a competition and that we aren't even doing the same thing.

I'm very much the same. Usually I save myself by saying 'I'm doing the best I can do, and right now... that's enough'.

Good point @stonepixie 

The comparasions can go both ways, from envy to ...un-envy? (I can't think of the word)

Next questioon

What sorts of things can you do to build your self confidence overall?

Realising that you're good at what you're good at, and working on giving bitchin' good self-talks!

Also throwing back to the first question, being around other people that are confident so you can boost each others confidence-ness

POSITIVE SELF TALK!!!

Practice makes perfect.

Umm ... I can't think of anymore just now.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

For me it's a lot of small goal setting and working to achieve those goals. Whether that be acedemic (eg, I am going to study 2 hrs every day), work/volunteer work (eg, I'm going to write an article by Friday) or something I love (eg, I'm going to practice playing my ukulele everyday this week).... achieveing those small goals really help me out when it comes to confidence

Oh, and like @Chonty  and @stonepixie  said....... POSITIVE SELF TALK, YO!

We'll have everyone campaigning positive self-talk by the end of the night haha

Highlighted

POSITIVE SELF TALK!

Sorry @dreamcatcher, I had to one up you. Cat Tongue Because it is SO important!

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@stonepixie  Hahahahaha, that's totally okay!! It's real important!!!